Well i feel that now I play good enough to deserve a new amp, I am thinking of a half stack of some sort, I play alot of nu-metal and thrash/death metal, and some metalcore

Is Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier head and cab a good combo? or am i looking for something else? Tube or solid state doesnt matter, but i may wanna gig with it
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
You have that much dough to shell out for a Mesa?

Go get a tube combo.. it's pretty much a consensus that you don't need a half stack. What was your previous amp?
Ibanez RG350DX
DiMarzio D-Sonic
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo
BOSS Distortion DS-1
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Dunlop Tortex .88mm
I've heard the dual rectifier is better. You don't need the wattage on the triple.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
a ten watt marshal MG..... i know.. i REALLY need to upgrade.. and money wont be an issue because i work and i dont mind saving up for a few months or more to get it, i just want a general idea of what to get, i heard mesa boogie triple rectifier is a good amp and comes with good distortion on it (i dont really wanna get a distortion pedal)
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
You could go the poor mans mesa route and check out the B-52 AT amps

I haven't personally tried one but everyone I've heard who has said they sound similar to a mesa.
hmm ive heard of b-52s before, aparently theyre nice amps for a nicer price, i know i can get a b-52 tube half stack for 1000 bucks, that any good?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
unfortunately most guitar stores near me stock marshalls and line sixes, and okay once in a while theyll stock a randall.... so i dont know how i can try one
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Hmm

Well then I don't know... maybe take a gamble then because you won't find it much cheaper then on MF.
yeah i guess ill take a chance on B-52... mesa boogie are pretty damn expensive
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
dont get a halfstack, even if your gigging. its to much of a hassle to setup and you wont be able to use it at home. youd be happier with a 50-100watt 212 combo. look at some of the 5150/6505 combos. i personally dont like the mesa tone that much, just make sure that you listen to alot of different amps to get the tone you ant down
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
thats a good idea but all i can try out are marshalls and line sixes because thats the only amps my guitar shop carries, and well i want what you people think, tell me what tone you think would be good for Nu-metal/thrash/death metal

and i like marshalls and line sixes, but they dont provide tones i want, and line sixes short out my guitar shop says
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Last edited by Ultimate_Gio92 at Aug 18, 2007,
Don't get the b-52.

If you want to hear a mesa, go to their website and search for local dealers. You will be glad you did. Don't dismiss an amp like that without hearing it first.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50