okay, so my original budget of up to $1000 is lowered to $800. I don't know what to get. I want something pretty versatile. I play progressive metal, classic rock, some modern metal, and a lot of shred. I would like something with a very fast neck (not necessarily thin, just fast) and either a strat-style body or an LP-style body.

so far these are some guitars i have some interest in:
- B.C. Rich Assassin FX6
- Agile Interceptor with EMGs
- Agile AL-4000 w/ SDs (natural finish)
- Fender Showmaster of some sort

so yeah, give me some suggestions

p.s. I HATE SCHECTERS!!!!!!! I own one and I absolutely HATE IT!
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Aug 18, 2007,
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
(or any of the hellraisers for that matter, they are all basically the same, just different body styles and theres a model with a floyd rose as well.)

Jackson makes a dinky in the 800dollar range you might want to look into it as well.

I'm in the same exact situation as you are. Im most likely gonna get a hellraiser or a new acoustic of some sort.
Schecter C-1 Classic is a good one.

Also, if you like Strats, check out Fender's Highway One series I think they're called. They're Strats with hotter pickups for those who like metal and hard rock. I hear good things about them.
there's a highway one showmaster. hard to find. american made, but it's a bolt on and doesnt look as nice.

showmaster is a good choice. not common.
Schecter Guitars are insane get a Hellraiser for metal or a C-1 Classic if you play a little bit of everything
I Hate Schecters!!
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by We_Are_The_D
Epiphone LP Custom

the only epiphone i would ever buy is an elitist
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
the only epiphone i would ever buy is an elitist

just coos it doesnt have the word 'Gibson' on it doesnt make it a bad guitar.
yes i know but i want a significant upgrade from my current guitar (schecter damien 6)
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Esp Ltd Ec-1000
Ibanez MTM2 (DiMarzio X2N/Paf Pro)
Ibanez JS600 (EMG 85/81)
Ibanez EW20AES
ESP LTD MV-200
Madison Divinity II
(2) Vader 2x12"
Korg Pitchblack
Ibanez TS-9
Boss NS-2
MXR-108
Roland GR-20
Quote by maxdgad
Esp Ltd Ec-1000

i thought that was a br00tal metal guitar? no?
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
You guys need to learn how to read.

Sounds like me that some guitars you need to check out are Ibanez RG's or S-Series. You could probably check out the LTD EC-1000, great guitar. Go on Musician's Friend or similar site and put your price range up to 800, then do price from low to high, high to low, whatever and look through your choices.

Edit: If you look at the EC-1000 get it with the Seymour Duncans, not the EMGs.
grr but i still really want that assassin fx6...
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by hollow1928years
Why?

cause it's incredibly sexy, the neck profile is exactly what i want, and the pickups are supposed to be awesome
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by beetroot10
jsut because your shecter sucks doesnt mean they all do
why does it suck?

thick neck, frets out easily, and a bunch of other things. it basically plays like ****. And I have tried the hellraiser series and those guitars play like **** (to me) as well.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux