Are there any 3-saddle bridges that will fit on the MIM tele standard without having to drill any extra holes? Does it make the tone more solid?
My gear:
Standard Telecaster
Washburn WR-154
Ibanez GA7 Spanish guitar
Washburn XB-125
Peavey Rage 158 Amp
Hartke A35 Bass amp
Zoom 505II, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, and Nady Overdrive.
There are no tone advantages to a 3 saddle bridge. The only thing it does is create headachs for the people trying to set the intonation.

I don't know if you can get them that don't have to be drilled or not. Try calling stewmac and allparts. They should be able to tell you for sure.
Not taking any online orders.
It's one of those weird thing I don't really understand about guitarists. Soon after having intruduced his first broad-, no- and telecasters Leo Fender found out that the three bridge piece was one step too far on the way to simplicity, so he corrected this obvious design flaw. Too late, it seems. By that time his guitars already had cult status and one group of customers refused to accept even the most sensible improvements of the original design. I once deeply offended such a Tele fanatic by offering to set up his six piece bridge with the neigbouring saddles on equal length, just to let him experience the thrill of playing an out of tune guitar.
From a technical point of view such a conversion is irrational, but that won't talk you out of it I guess.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
It's one of those weird thing I don't really understand about guitarists. Soon after having intruduced his first broad-, no- and telecasters Leo Fender found out that the three bridge piece was one step too far on the way to simplicity, so he corrected this obvious design flaw. Too late, it seems. By that time his guitars already had cult status and one group of customers refused to accept even the most sensible improvements of the original design. I once deeply offended such a Tele fanatic by offering to set up his six piece bridge with the neigbouring saddles on equal length, just to let him experience the thrill of playing an out of tune guitar.
From a technical point of view such a conversion is irrational, but that won't talk you out of it I guess.

Dude, chill. I was just asking out of curiousity.
Is there any bridge I can put to get a more solid tune?
I went to a lighter string gauge and now everything seems so loose to the point that the saddles move when I strum hard or bend significantly.
My gear:
Standard Telecaster
Washburn WR-154
Washburn XB-125
Peavey Rage 158 Amp
Hartke A35 Bass amp
Quote by jkv6391
I went to a lighter string gauge and now everything seems so loose to the point that the saddles move when I strum hard or bend significantly.

then get a heavier string gauge and stop whining, or downtuning, whichever really...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by jkv6391

I apologize jvk6391. I naturally assumed you were a vintage buff, for rarely seek people a solution for real technical problems when they go for a three piece bridge. You are quite an exeption here.
The problem you have here makes me wonder what exactly can be wrong. Normally the saddle pieces touch each other so they can't move sidways. Other constructions feature saddle pieces that are narrower, but these invariably feature some sort of guiding slots that prevent lateral movement.
What system of lateral guiding is on your guitar now?
Quote by jkv6391

I have the same problem on my cheap fernandes strat. A lot of realy cheap bridges have this problem. The problem you are having should not be a problem anymore if you get a good bridge. You don't need to resort to a 3 saddle bridge.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I have the same problem on my cheap fernandes strat. A lot of realy cheap bridges have this problem. The problem you are having should not be a problem anymore if you get a good bridge. You don't need to resort to a 3 saddle bridge.

Quite true, but only if jvk6391 didn't mean Fender when he put Standard Tele in his list of instruments. If an original Fender is refered to, one must assume that it has a nicely finished and good working bridge assembly
It is a Fender. It was working fine with .11s, but it was too hard to bend for stuff like frusciante-style solos. So I knocked it down to the original Fender 250 bullets and not it sounds loose and I can see the saddles moving.
It's not the truss rod, I had the guitar shop look at it but they didn't know much about what to do with the bridge. The solution they had was to put some Gotoh saddles on it, but they're ugly and expensive unless I get a matching bridge plate.
My gear:
Standard Telecaster
Washburn WR-154
Washburn XB-125
Peavey Rage 158 Amp
Hartke A35 Bass amp