Hey I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a bass/guitar combo where the bottom two or three strings are a bass and the other six are a normal guitar plus the frets are all slanted out crazy like. I was at a free concert where I saw the Charlie Hunter Trio open for Micheal Franti and Charlie Hunter was playing this bad ass bass/guitar
The Don's Gear
--------------------
GUITARS:
Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster (2 tone sunburst)
Epiphone G-400 Custom w/Maestro Trem (Black w/Gold hardware)

AMP:
Crate 15W

EFFECTS:
Boss ME-50
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
sick. never heard of it but ill look around on youtube
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
i've seen the slanted frets, but never anything bass/guitar inbred.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Sound hot!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
my uncle made an acoustic one, where the low e and a are the bass strings and it has a reinforcing bar along the top of the neck. went to the states to promote a few years ago
It isn't like an 8 string, I have seen a picture of the guitar he is talking about, my dad showed me.

It has 3 bass strings, and I think 5 guitar strings, he has two separate outputs into two different amps, one being a bass amp, and the other a guitar amp. I think it's pretty damn awesome.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Only this one from the ESP custom shop gallery...

I'm a communist. Really.
I dunno myself, but the bass player for Cake has what looks like a 10 string (or more) that looks pretty cool. Can't find and pictures of it though. Saw them play about 4 months ago.
Great live show to see BTW.

Can anybody find a picture of it BTW?
this is it here, it is the biggest picture I could find.

New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Are you talking about, I think it's called a Warr Guitar, like in the King Crimson dvd Eyes Wide Open?
Charlie Hunter uses these: http://www.novaxguitars.com/

runs the bass strings into a bass amp, the higher ones into a guitar amp
the slanted stuff is so the bass side has a longer scale length so the strings are not all flappy

Quote by JulianBintner
Just get a doubleneck, one neck bass, one neck 6-string. Then you have the best of both worlds.

he plays them both at the same time, no bassist
YA Alter Bridge thats the exact one Charlie Hunter was playing and lets just the man is a hybrid picking machine That sweet man thanks
The Don's Gear
--------------------
GUITARS:
Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster (2 tone sunburst)
Epiphone G-400 Custom w/Maestro Trem (Black w/Gold hardware)

AMP:
Crate 15W

EFFECTS:
Boss ME-50
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah