Hey guys, I'm just considering some options here.
I currently have a Warwick Corvette Ash Std, and play anything from prog rock to metal to old school rock, and I'm at the moment playing through a Ashdown Perfect 10 Amplifier.
Just taking a look at some fender Basses, which up until now I've despised, and I'm just asking what would be a decent investment for me?
Now before anyone says anything, I am upgrading my amp first, getting a Gallien Head and Cab, so no problems there.
So basically I'm in new zealand, and prices are way out of proportion here, so a rough price list goes like this.

American Deluxe P- $3,200
American P- $3,000
Highway 1 P - $1,600-$1,800 (depends on finish? i dunno)
American Jazz - $3,100
American Deluxe Jazz - $3,200
Highway 1 Jazz- $2,000
Mex Jazz Std - $1,200 - $1,400 (finish dependant?)
Mex Jazz Deluxe - $1,800
Mex P Std - $1,100
Mark Hoppus Sig - $1,550
Mex Deluxe P - $1,750

I want something that will have a varied tone to my Warwick, just so i have another facet to my possible sound.
The American would almost surely push my budget, but if it was THAT much better...
Also, would a Musicman Stingray be a viable choice? I just don't think i can justify the $3,600 price tag.....
So thoughts on what would be an ideal Fender if i were to get one? Thanks guys!
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Nikki197666 at Aug 18, 2007,
if you can afford one, the american surely...otherwise the Highway 1
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
yeah go for the deluxe for prog rock an active bass can open a whole new world of tone for you.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I would go for an American Fender over the Stingray. Better to get a passive bass than another active IMO. Between a Warwick and a Fender, you have a lot of tones covered. I do with my Thumb and Jazz!

Get the American if you can possible stretch to it. The carbon strengthened necks will hold out much better. Also the components are superior to the Mexican.
go with the american deluxe, its well worth the extra 200 over the american. theres a huge difference b/w the americans and the am. deluxes. scn pups, better tuners, better bridge, smaller and more comfortable body. improved electronics, polyurethane neck. its better than the american in every way. you will love that bass and not ever regret spending the extra money. the stingray would be a good choice too. the only thing is that the fenders will get you more of a differing sound from your warwick, the musicman is closer sounding then fenders.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Are you able to get a Japanese Fender? I recommend the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

I'd go for the American Jazz and fit an active kit yourself, the electrics/actives on Fenders are not particularly good.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
On the site it doesn't have a set price for the Geddy Lee, but then again, they do have a ton more stuff in store than they list on their site.
After comparing prices id say that the Geddy Lee would come to about 2,000?
Would the tone differ much from my Warwick?
Worthy investment?
Thanks
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
I would go for an American Fender over the Stingray. Better to get a passive bass than another active IMO. Between a Warwick and a Fender, you have a lot of tones covered. I do with my Thumb and Jazz!

Get the American if you can possible stretch to it. The carbon strengthened necks will hold out much better. Also the components are superior to the Mexican.

That's a good point, and I find my American Deluxe Jazz can get a similar tone as my Warwick, but in my case, I want that. Besides, the extra 2-frets is worth the $100.

Quote by John Swift
I'd go for the American Jazz and fit an active kit yourself, the electrics/actives on Fenders are not particularly good.

Don't like disagreeing with John Swift but the post 2004 SCN pickups and massive 18V preamp make mine the best Fender bass I've ever heard (i.e. the best bass I've ever heard).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..