Hi

For my birthday, i recieved a guitar, a make I hadn't heard of. it was OTX.

I started teaching myself the Chords, but could never get the metal tone i wanted.

Then, a string broke, and the others started fuzzing, even playing them open... so i replaced the stings, but still fuzzing. My cosuins mate has several guitars, and he said i might have to change the pickups!

I dont have the cash for a new guitar, so I was wondering if it would be possible, well, to "pimp the guitar" so I can get the metal tone i want with no fuzz.

It has 2 pickups atm and i have a 12 - 50 watt practice amp.

Email or post any ideas. id really appreciate it.

Thankings,

Anilsiv
when string snap just like that the pressure of them on the neck is losend and can make the neck bend so check that first to get rid of the fuzzing.

And if you want more of a metal tone maybe you should change pickups but it could also depend on the amp itself.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Aug 18, 2007,
I know I sound like a noob....

but were all noobs once.

How do you check the neck?

and

Last time i got the stings changed by a friend, but he's in turkey! if i up load pics can someone tell me what to do?
[quote="And if you want more of a metal tone maybe you should change pickups but it could also depend on the amp itself.[/QUOTE"]

Amp is a QTX Type 173.002

Voltage: 220 - 240 Vac - 50Hz / 25W

Mean anything to you guys?

and what pickups are good?
No the amp says nothing to me

For pickups check DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Thanks! Will do

But that leaves the neck problem, how do i know if the neck is bent?
There won't be anything wrong with the pickups. Even if you did change them you wouldn't notice much difference. Take it to a guitar shop and ask them to fix the buzz and set it up, and put a new string on. Ask if they can show you how to change the strings. To check the neck you put the guitar flat to your eyeline and look down the neck towards the head end from the bridge end, and check for bending/twisting. You adjust this with the truss rod - but if you do it wron, you'll mess up the neck. While you're at the guitar store, ask them to dress the frets - odds are as a cheapo guitar it'll have bad fretwork, dressing the frets involves sanding them to the correct shape - this will remove fretbuzz and make it more comfortable to play.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by anilsiv
Right, but might I need a new amp to acheive the metal tone?

Yes, your amp seems to be, fo want of a better word, ****. Try to save up for a Roland Cube or one of the Vox Valvetronix series.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
It's probably a crappy starter amp. In which case yes. Look into Roland Cube 30s and Vox Valvetronix XLs on a budget. Steer far away from Line6 Spiders and Marshall MGs as a general rule. You will need to replace the amp before the guitar, but you will outgrow the guitar at some point.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Ouch, well looking into that, ill be working overtime :p

but thanks a lot guys, you saved me spending 300+ on a guitar, well at least for now

Cheers.
Quote by CobenBlack
roland micro cube, one of the best practice amps money can buy if u ask me. my squier even sounds quite metallish when on the rectifier setting (basically a mesa)

Nice one, and I can pick one up for 50 quid!

woop!

I really want to play metal, I think its one of the best styles, and an awesome sound to make, really feel good.

Your neck looks fine, but it's hard to tell without it strung up. And to change the strings, try pushing them through the bridge, they should slide out the back.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!