Back in https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626607 i asked for Amp recommendations, i tried as many of the amps as i could get my hands on and finally agreed on with what most people agreed:-

I'm looking at Vox valvetronix amp AD50VT, ive played it, love it but...

I played the 112 model, but there is a 212 model, is it worth shelling out for the extra speaker? (£60 ~$120)

I gig with a 2 guitar rock band and a 1 guitar pop band.

Cheers guys,
Rowan
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
The 212 will give you a slightly "bigger" sound, as well as being a little bit louder. It also might have some more bass.

BUT, I'd recommend you get the 112 and at some point swap the speaker for a Celestion Vintage 30, which is a lot better than the cheap custom Celestion that Vox put in it. Then it will probably sound better than the 212.

If you want get the 212 and put in 2 Vintage 30s, but that'll obviously cost more.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Get the 212 then invest in the V30s later, then when you feel you need to change amp, put back the original speakers, keep the V30s, get a head and stick those V30s in your new empty cab.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Okay, i can get a vintage 30 for ~£50 on ebay, roughly the same price as the difference between the two amps. So if thats better then thats probs what I'll do.

Im also thinking about the increase in weight from the other speaker. Im going to be doing a lot of moving around next year so maybe I'll get the 112 and add an extension cab at a latter date for that bigger sound.

Cheers.
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

I don't think I'd put a V30 in a Valvetronix. The higher end VTX stuff comes with the Neodog speakers found in the AC30CC1. I'd look for something like that if you were to upgrade.

In the meantime, I'd stick with the 1x12. You're probably going to be mic'ing the amp in gigging situations anyway, or using the line out, making the second speaker kinda useless. I'd also look for a second hand AD60VTX. It's a better VTX, with that Neodog speaker already in place.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ I have the G10 Vintage in mine, which is basically a 10" V30 and it sounds great.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
^ I have the G10 Vintage in mine, which is basically a 10" V30 and it sounds great.

Virtually anything would be an upgrade on the speaker over the speaker in the AD30VT. What kind of music are you playing? If it's primarily heavier stuff, that's probably a great fit. The Neodog has a wider frequency response than the V30, and a brighter sound overall, that I think matches with the modeling concept better. Vox must too, being that those are the speakers they put in their 60 and 120VTX models.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Virtually anything would be an upgrade on the speaker over the speaker in the AD30VT. What kind of music are you playing? If it's primarily heavier stuff, that's probably a great fit. The Neodog has a wider frequency response than the V30, and a brighter sound overall, that I think matches with the modeling concept better. Vox must too, being that those are the speakers they put in their 60 and 120VTX models.

Eh, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. My friend has the 120 watt stack with the Neodogs and we put it through it's paces with his cab and my other buddy's Greenback/Tonetubby Marshall cab and it was no contest, the Marshall cab made it sound much warmer and all of the models sounded more "alive". I know it's typical of modeling users to want a full range P.A. type speaker. But in my experience, "normal" speakers sound just as good if not better.
Greenbacks and -especially- Tone Tubby's are a far cry from V30's in my book, so I don't feel that you're disagreeing with me all that much.

I'm sure there are many speakers I'd prefer over the V30 in the VTX amps.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Speaker War! Okay cheers guys, I'll cross that bridge when i come to it. Looks like the general opinion is for the 112, and i think my wallet likes you all.