10s and upward probably
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
whatever your comfortable with...
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Most FR systems come setup with 9s. Vai uses 9s. Remember if you go up a string gauge on FRs it'll mess it up so you can't go back down and stay in tune so I've heard.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Most FR systems come setup with 9s. Vai uses 9s. Remember if you go up a string gauge on FRs it'll mess it up so you can't go back down and stay in tune so I've heard.

eh i hate all the mis-hype that surrounds floyds (and i used to believe it till i got one).

A floyd is a tension based system. Strings pull up, springs pull down. When you use thicker strings, your putting more force in one direction (assuming the tuning is the same), so you have to match the force in the other direction.

If you increase string gauge, you'll have to tighten the springs in the back or add more accordingly. And as on other guitars, an optimal setup requires an intonation and neck relief change wen you change gauges, but this is not really necessary.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350