I'm going to be buying an Orange Tiny Terror and PPC112 in the coming weeks. I have noticed that, only in the last couple of months, Orange have changed the speaker in the PPC112 to a Celestion G12K-100 rather than the Vintage 30.

Is the G12K-100 similar in sound/quality to the Vintage 30? Would it be worthwhile buying a different 1x12 cabinet that is of similar quality to the PPC112?
They're basically the exact same speaker rated for a different wattage.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Who are you buying from? I know that Humbucker Music makes a point of continuing to sell their Orange cabs with the V30's. Maybe you can ask specifically about it and get the speaker you want.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm in the UK, so I would probably buy from gak.co.uk, or dolphinmusic.co.uk. However both these websites show the PPC112 with the G12K-100. I may just bite the bullet if what tubab0y says is true.
I really think you'll be fine. But I think the V30 is probably just about the most overrated speaker on the market today, too.

Still, doesn't hurt to contact them and ask about the speaker you prefer. Worst they can say is, "no."

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I really think you'll be fine. But I think the V30 is probably just about the most overrated speaker on the market today, too.

Still, doesn't hurt to contact them and ask about the speaker you prefer. Worst they can say is, "no."

What don't you like about the V30, slats?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
What don't you like about the V30, slats?

Not that it's necessarily bad, just that a lot of people seem to have it up on a pedistal like it's some sort of super speaker. Which I don't think it is. I actually find it to be kinda sterile sounding. I mean, it's a quality speaker, I just think that there are a lot of better speakers out there. Especially if you want to start fine tuning the sound you're after.

It's also the choice of speaker for players who play much heavier music than I do, so it may be great for them! I recognize that. It's just not for me.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Not that it's necessarily bad, just that a lot of people seem to have it up on a pedistal like it's some sort of super speaker. Which I don't think it is. I actually find it to be kinda sterile sounding. I mean, it's a quality speaker, I just think that there are a lot of better speakers out there. Especially if you want to start fine tuning the sound you're after.

It's also the choice of speaker for players who play much heavier music than I do, so it may be great for them! I recognize that. It's just not for me.

I see what you mean about it being over-hyped.

I'm having an awful time trying to decide on which speakers to get for my Laney. There are so many, and I have no way to try them out :/
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
IMO the g12k is better than the V30 (for my style of music). I'm not saying the V30 is bad or anything, but it's not for me. But I'm not using either speaker, I'm using a G12H30 for my TT.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Aug 18, 2007,
I've had no problems with my V-30. Then again, it's all I've played my Tiny Terror through. I'm not picky enough to want to change out the speaker.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD