I'm in my last year of high school, and I'm in the dilemma that most people are in at this age. What to go to college for. I know too many people who just pitter pattered through college and got nothing from it. Does anyone know a good website or book that would help me find a good career path?
drug dealer, go for it dude

or pimp
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e

or pimp

Haha,
in my college, i call all the people who're studying pharmacy, drug dealers!!!

I'ld say become a street performer!!
www.edge.co.uk

click on the vocational courses at the bottom, and you'll get loads of cool info on different courses for A level or whatever, assuming you are british.
Quote by p o e

or pimp

what are you, 8? that's not funny, he's asking for some serious advice.

think about what your favourite subjects were/are in school, and imagine studying them at college/uni. google the degree (eg. "maths degree" etc) and see what kind of jobs spawn out of that. also, it's helpful to look at parents and other people with sorted careers and see what they do for a living. do you want to do something like that?

for example, i'm studying foreign languages at uni because i want to work as an interpretor for the EU. i chose this because they were my favourite/best subjects at school and i know someone who did something similar to this and really likes it. i can see myself doing this career and it's what i want to do.

it is hard to work out what to do at uni when you're still young, but you don't have to by any means limit yourself to one career right now. say you do a degree in maths, that don't mean you hve to become something boring like a maths teacher. there are tons of opportunities.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Don't feel bad man. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
This is one of the hardest things to tag onto someone that is 17-18 yrs old.
Even if you think you know what you want to go to school for odds are you will change your mind in another year or two. If you are thinking about college just get the basic bs out of the way in the first year and take some time to look at all of your options. Don't rush it. You'll figure something out.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The best thing you can do at this point is keep the subjects you *LIKE* in mind. You have to be somewhat good at them, but you have to have genuine interest in what you're going to do. You can't force yourself into studying something because you won't have the enjoyment in learning whatever it is.

Now, for the first year, look at the course catalog and identify courses that you find interesting and just take those. Make sure to fulfill general education requirements as well. By your second year, you should like and be comfortable with some subject or another, so start concentrating on that, and everything else should flow.

If all else fails, major in Econ.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It's hard to find a job you like. Most adults I know went through a lot of studies before they found something they liked, often things they hadn't even thought about in their teens. I can't talk from experience, but I wouldn't study anything very specific unless I was 100% sure that's what I wanted.

I want to be a music/guitar teacher. I came to the conclusion not too long ago, I love music, and I'm quite sure I've got a talent for teaching - and I stopped thinking about payment.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by jallas
what are you, 8? that's not funny, he's asking for some serious advice.

Pfft... my uncle was a pimp and he did alright, Alice Fair enough he married one of his girls and she was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but that's not the point

My family has some serious skeletons in the closet
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
i think ima go to college for computer science after this year O.o
Last edited by mrmarc772 at Aug 18, 2007,
i left school almost a year early so when i left school i had no idea what i wanted to do and although i cant really remember how it came to be, i enrolled on a mechanics course. now i have my first qualification and i work in a garage and im pretty damn good at my job (or so im told ) and because i enjoy my job i learn better and don't dread going in every day. i love the look on peoples faces when i tell them im a mechanic though, cos im a slim 5"1 blonde chick haha
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
my best advice is to look at things you really enjoy doing, and go to college for something related to that.

i love history, so guess what? im studying history in college now. i want to get a doctorate and teach at a university.
Quote by Yakult
Pfft... my uncle was a pimp and he did alright, Alice Fair enough he married one of his girls and she was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but that's not the point

My family has some serious skeletons in the closet

oh so it runs in the family?
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by WeAreTheNormal
Your on a music forum, asking what you want to do with your life.

You're in The Pit, where there are pretty much no rules.
I'm going into my last year of high school, and I also have no idea what I want to do. What I'm planning on doing is to go to community college to get the classes I have to take out of the way and hopefully when I'm done I'll know what I want to do
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Rent yourself to the rich, famous and perverted as a human bidet.
All the corn you can eat! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Well, I know for a fact that if you major in Math or Physics you will be guaranteed a job right out of college, because nobody else wants to learn more math or science.
High as tits
Dude! I can totally relate.

I'm going into my first year of college this year, and for the moment, I'm undeclared. But, I'm taking the classes that sound interesting to me, just to get a sense of bearings about what's out there. It's a pretty good way to go if you've got no idea what you want to do.
Quote by Mauri_wario
When I grow up I'm going to be an astronaut

*makes amusing comment about Uranus*
I think I heard that most people change their major at least twice before they finally settle on something.

I was a pretty good French horn player and I decided I wanted to do that the rest of my life. I went to college for it and halfway through the year I was like "this sucks, I don't want to deal with it anymore." I started thinking about what else I want to do and I remembered how I liked the computer science course I was accidentally put in my junior year of high school. So now I'm a computer science major. Not sure if that's truly what I want to do, but it will occupy me for the time being.