Hey all,

So here is what I wanna know....I play pop-punk, punkrock (yeah, don't hate me for that...I just like that kind of music ) and I'm about to buy a new boss pedal.
Now I was wondering which would be the most appropriate for my style of music (I want something similar to bilnk182 sound).
And ...what's the difference between Overdrive pedals and Distorsion pedals?

tnx
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
Quote by The Real Ming
Ds-1

Are you sure?
What about the DS-2 turbo?
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
same thing with a second (more distorted/grungier) mode

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I've never tried the DS1, but my mate has a DS2 and it's a pretty good pedal for the price.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
ok tnxs guys....

Does anyone know anything about the OS-2 pedal ...it's an Overdrive/Distorsion pedal
go to your store and try out all the distortion pedals you can, not just the boss ones. then buy the one that you think sounds best
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
Quote by Adry007
ok tnxs guys....

Does anyone know anything about the OS-2 pedal ...it's an Overdrive/Distorsion pedal

You'll want distortion for pop punk.

What amp are you using?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You'll want distortion for pop punk.

What amp are you using?

I have a peavey studio chorus.
But usually on gigs I get some "on stage" amps...so different each time
Quote by sgtpeppers
go to your store and try out all the distortion pedals you can, not just the boss ones. then buy the one that you think sounds best

not an option....in here the only store is a crappy one that can only order pedals once you pay for it -.-
Why a Boss pedal? Why not get an Ibanez, Maxon, Digitech, EHX, Proco, Marshall, Danelectro, Vox, blah blah blah... pedal?
my friend bought a ds-1 recently and he plays punk. he's a noob when it comes to effect and he hated the ds-1 already. dont get a boss..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by cokeisbetter
Why a Boss pedal? Why not get an Ibanez, Maxon, Digitech, EHX, Proco, Marshall, Danelectro, Vox, blah blah blah... pedal?

Ibanez - the construction sucks....i had one
Marshall - I don't like the sound....tried it!
and the others....the crappy store i was telling before does not sell them
Quote by mothership
my friend bought a ds-1 recently and he plays punk. he's a noob when it comes to effect and he hated the ds-1 already. dont get a boss..

I dunno...i didn't tried it....
but the ds-1 is also an old model