Hi guys, i'm shopping for an amp for when i get some money :P. I'm willing to spend around 800$-1000$ top. I play metalcore, metal, hardcore and stuff like that. I have a ESP LTD EC-1000 with the EMG 81/60 set. The amp i think would be the best for me is the Peavey Triple XXX super 40, lots of gain, good cleans (i think), i dont need crunch its either clean or full distorted. Also i prefer a tube amp, a SS is ok but only if its really good.

Thanks
ya the xxx is great for metal, but if you wanted the ultimate metal/metalcore amp and were willing to spend a little extra a peavey 6505 combo is around 1200 new but you can get them around 700-1000 used, if you could find one of those id go with that over the xxx.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Thanks guys,

and you seem to be saying the 5150 cleans suck, but does the 6505 have good cleans?

'Cause i dont play THAT much clean stuff but i still want some good cleans (that's why i got the 81/60 combo instead of 81/85.

Oh and i'll check the mark lll, i tought mesas were way more then that :P
I do believe the 6505 will have almost exactly the same cleans as the 5150.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
okay, then I guess I'll just check the XXX and Mark III, or others if you have suggestions

Thanks
^^Oh wait I meant 6505+ has slightly better cleans!

But yeah, mark III would be a great choice!
Ya I'll try to find one that is'nt like 3 billion years old, 'cause my experience with electronics is that it does'nt last too long. The only Mark III i found on ebay was a '86 i think.
Ya I'll try to find one that is'nt like 3 billion years old, 'cause my experience with electronics is that it does'nt last too long. The only Mark III i found on ebay was a '86 i think.
It doesnt matter about the age! If the condition is good get it! And 86 isnt too old, in production wise because they were discontinued in really early 90's. so.

And just ask the seller questions about it to make sure its legit and in good condition!