ive bin wanting anew guitar 4 abit now and cant make up my mind im thinking an epi lp but i was wondering since ive got a squier strat would it be worth just getting an amp and sum effects??
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
depends, how **** is you amp
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
its the squier one you get with the guitar

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
any recommendations for amps?? ive got a 200 quid budget tho

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
yeah def new amp. you can make a poop guitar sound good with a nice amp, but you can't make a poop amp sound good with a nicer guitar. plus, if you've been playing strat spacing, it's going to take some getting used to if you buy an lp, the strings are further apart and for me, anyway after playing strats for years it's been tough to pick up an lp and rip.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Quote by 12joey.c12
any recommendations for amps?? ive got a 200 quid budget tho

you should save up for an amp that you can stay with in the future. wait until you've got more money.

EDIT: or buy used.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
it aint my money its my mums and my gran can give me 100 quid, ill have 300 quid but 4 my b-day pressie =)

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
haha fair comment there

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by CobenBlack
or buy a roland microcube since they are the best bedroom amps in production (or maybe the epiphone valve junior) but i dont think you need to spend huge amounts on amps just yet, so i'd go with oe of them. that'll be les than half your budget

Epi VJ isn't anything like the microcube.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Fender Blues Junior. Save up for it. It's a beaut.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Guys! A 200 quid amp is plenty for a beginner. I'd say get a vox ad30vt or ad30vtXL if you are into heavier stuff. They are only about 150. If you want something that will last longer (gigs etc in the future) get the Laney LC30, they are 250 i think.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.