so I was looking at the gibson les pauls at guitarcenter.com and saw that there were two that caught my eye. one was the les paul vintage mahogany and the other was the les paul studio. which of the two is better? like in pickups and sound and especially quality...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
the studio hands down if you can afford it
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
technically both are studios, but the vintage mahogany has a very odd coat to it and is of less quality then the LP studio. the LP studio will give you a better tone and is likely to last longer; try to stay away from the gold hardware LP studios, they wear pretty fast.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
ok, thanks
Quote by RetroGunslinger
yes, but doesnt the vintage mahogany have burstbuckers instead of the ceramics?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

o, yeah it does...does that make a big difference?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
o, yeah it does...does that make a big difference?

Those are the humbuckers that Gibson puts in the LP Standards.

So I'd certainly say so.
The Vintage Mahogany has a carved mahogany top. The Studio is carved maple. The maple tends to be a little brighter, the carved mah top is a little warmer.
don't buy a guitar based on pickups, if you like the bulk of the guitar, pickups can always be swapped out
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I meant that does it make it better than the studio just because of the pickups or is the studio still better...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I would prefer the Studio due to the maple top. More of a classic Les Paul sound.
the studio is a very comfortabe guitar to play IMO
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
I have my 07 Studio and I absolutely love it. Few guitars I have played have outshined it.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203