Right now all my effects are done through my amp. Distortion, delay, flanger, etc. It's a Cube 20X.

Now I'm wondering if I buy an RC 2 and go Guitar->RC2->Amp I am only going to be able to loop with 1 tone since the RC2 would only be recording the guitar.

Normally it would be Guitar->Effects Pedals->RC2->Amp, then you could just toggle the effects before you recorded. Is there any way to get this effect with a combo amp?

Thanks guys,
Plug your guitar into the input of the amp. Then hook up a cord from the output of the amp to the RC 2's input. Thats how I would do it.