Page 2 of 188
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
yeah A Minor Forest are pretty awesome, I have both Flemish Altruism and Inindependence.
Good stuff, you probably have the best taste to me of anyone I've spoken to on here, so I trust your recomendations.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by FatKidsOnMopeds</3
<33 trophy scarss

They almost didn't make the list because they are kind of on the line genre wise but they are dope enough to keep them in.
Quote by DressingCold
Group options
+Join this group

This is what happens when you click on the group from your profile.

! This group profile is set to private only!

You must be a member of the group to see this profile.
+ Jenny Piccolo, The Apoplexy Twist Orchestra, Mohinder, Encyclopedia of American Traitors
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Some ones I wern't sure about were:

Head Wound City
Some Girls
The Blood Brother(older stuff)
The Locust
Jenny Piccolo

I'll leave it up to the rest of you guys. I didn't include those but if you guys feel they need to be then I'll add them.
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Aug 19, 2007,
I wouldn't say the Locust were Screamo, they're more noise rock/punk kindof thing.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Ethel Meserve, Dominic, Aussitôt Mort, Book of Dead Names, Boys Life, Celeste, Current, Don Martin 3, Evergreen, Frail, Goodbye Blue Monday, Guyver One, Her Breath on Glass, Heroin, Hollow Jan, Julia, Kidcrash, Maximillian Colby, Merel, Moss Icon, Native Nod, Navies, Navio Forge, One Eyed God Prophecy, Policy of 3, Ryerose, Sed Non Satiata, Sleepytime Trio, Spy vs. Spy, Storm the Bastille, Suis La Lune, Trainwreck, Versoma, Yage
Screamo is a musical genre which evolved from emo and hardcore punk in the early 1990s. "Emo" and "screamo" are essentially meant to describe the same style of music, changing with the progression of bands and fans. Characteristic of the genre are "loud-to-soft" (sometimes chaotic) dynamics, harmonized guitars with fast-paced riffs and twinkly melodic breaks, frantic/abrasive shouting or screaming, angry/abstract/introspective lyrics, low-end production, and exceptionally energetic live shows. Screamo bands also tend to bury the vocals in with the other instruments and use more arpeggiated progressions, dynamic and time changes. Breakdowns in screamo songs are often slower and quieter than in other genres, though there is a tendency of still screaming during the soft parts.

I'm honestly not trying to be a douche, but that description is pretty vague to me. For example, what makes a melodic break "twinkly"? Also, a lot of bands that aren't considered screamo could fit into that description. That's why I'm not a fan of genre nitpicking.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
just listen to some of the bands in the list then listen to some of the bands in the non screamo list

you will be able to tell the difference between screamo and other bands
Quote by pixiesfanyo
Ethel Meserve, Dominic, Aussitôt Mort, Book of Dead Names, Boys Life, Celeste, Current, Don Martin 3, Evergreen, Frail, Goodbye Blue Monday, Guyver One, Her Breath on Glass, Heroin, Hollow Jan, Julia, Kidcrash, Maximillian Colby, Merel, Moss Icon, Native Nod, Navies, Navio Forge, One Eyed God Prophecy, Policy of 3, Ryerose, Sed Non Satiata, Sleepytime Trio, Spy vs. Spy, Storm the Bastille, Suis La Lune, Trainwreck, Versoma, Yage

wouldn't include Spy Versus Spy, Moss Icon, or I don't think Boy's Life is either, although I've not heard them, just want to get a hold of their stuff and heard they were just an Emo band in the vein of SDRE.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
wouldn't include Spy Versus Spy, Moss Icon, or I don't think Boy's Life is either, although I've not heard them, just want to get a hold of their stuff and heard they were just an Emo band in the vein of SDRE.

Boy's Life aren't a SDRE clone and more than a handful of those weren't screamo.
good call on Fire Team Charlie. easily one of my favorite current bands.

add:
Beneath Low Flying Planes
Pyramids
Sinking Steps...Rising Eyes
Arroyo Secco (pre Life At These Speeds)
Ladders
Olive Tree
Asthma Attaq
Under A Dying Sun
Make Me
Dawn Treader
Mesa Verde
Words Mean Nothing
Robots Don't Cry
Dear Diary I Seem To Be Dead
Dot Flash Line
My Life With The Spaniard
The Corta Vita
Steeples
This Computer Kills
Die, Emperor! Die!
Kwakiutl Cannibal Society
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Some ones I wern't sure about were:

Head Wound City
Some Girls
The Blood Brother(older stuff)
The Locust
Jenny Piccolo

I'll leave it up to the rest of you guys. I didn't include those but if you guys feel they need to be then I'll add them.

i have not hear some girls or jenny piccolo

but blood brothers, locust and HWC aren't scremo
Sinking Steps...Rising Eyes might be more Post-metal than Screamo, but I like them alot, and if any of you were big fans of I Would Etc. I would suggest checking them out.
Quote by pixiesfanyo
I assumed it was an emo/screamo band list. Emo and screamo are basically the same thing. Just screamo helps distinct the newer scene from the earlier one.

uh.
not really.
Wow that's a long list. I want to check out some bands with a female vocalist but I don't have the time to go through that many. Can anyone give me a short list please? (like 5 or so) xx
^^^off the top of my head, I Would Set Myself on Fire For you and Circle Takes the Square both have female vocalists.
Quote by pixiesfanyo
uh.
yes really.

emo and screamo really developed into two separate entities
I can understand having early Emo bands like Heroin and Indian Summer on the list
but when you have bands like Spy Versus Spy and Saetia making music at the same time, you don't have to be a genius to know which is Emo and which is Screamo.

so no, Emo and Screamo are not the same thing.
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by Rhitard
Wow that's a long list. I want to check out some bands with a female vocalist but I don't have the time to go through that many. Can anyone give me a short list please? (like 5 or so) xx

adding to his list:
An Arrow In Flight
Arsen aka Konig Der Monster
Flowers In The Attic
Tristan Tzara
I don't think he named SDRE

but Boy's Life is not screamo

so it's pretty clear the two are not interchangeable.
Quote by Rhitard

Add 1905 to the ones already given to you, if I remember rightly they have dual vocals, and one of them is female. And they're generally awesome.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Nirvana-Man
Bright Eyes: What genre?

there is a big thread in here

not emo but just fits in here best