Poll: Did you like Things Fall Apart?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you like Things Fall Apart?
Yes
15 25%
No
6 10%
Nvr Read it
38 64%
Voters: 59.
never had too, but the article made me

i'd be curious to see how bad it was, maybe if only for 2 pages
im reading it now for school. it blows. its just about the guy farming yams and abusing his kids and wives. its ****ing rdiculous. its so boring and not written well.
Sex toy yams??? That's muthaf*ckin creativity
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Oh yeah, that book sucks dick. The ending is retarded, as well.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
it is the most unintentially funny book i've ever been forced to read.

Believe me son when you look into your sixths wifes eye while holding her wastebeads yhou know that for one second, you might not have to kill her for not pleasing the yam gods
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
i had to read that book for 10th grade honors english and then we had to write a frigging tragic hero essay about Okonkwo, WORST book i have ever read and i'm not kidding, i have a decent attention span, and i couldn't even handle it

for all UGers
Snackpak's warning:
Stay clear of Things Fall Apart
foolish minister,
again you have mistaken
its absolute power over
this body i have taken
This child belongs to me now
to the one who reigns in hell
the demon of great power
the demon SAMAEL!
Uh...

"Yams were mentioned 927 times throughout the book. They symbolize sexuality, food, cows, kittens, and God.
[edit] Uses For Yams

* Sex toys
* Shelter
* Bowls
* Toys
* Food
* Murder weapons
* Bras "

Noone uses yams for food... they're terrible and probably dangerous, like other foods trying to warn you with their foul taste.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i liked that book. for ninth grade i had to read king Oedipus, The Great Gatsby, Things Fall Apart, Jane Eyre, and Macbeth. Things Fall Apart was the best out of all of them, we spent an entire semester on Jane Eyre, it sucked balls. but regardless i though Things Fall Apart was pretty good. its all about how a man can't really deal with the changes in his society and how the oppresive christian invading force is ruining everything that he's held dear and his family has held dear since the beginning of his kind. you can quote me if you have to write a report, i actually probably have all the comentaries and notes we had to make from that book if you want them.
Wow. And I thought the Colour Purple was bad.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
that book is hella dumb..they should make students read motley crue's the dirt...that would be rad.
myspace.com/firelence
blahahahaaa its awful, we had so many yam jokes when we had to read this! yams... brilliant *sighs*
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
pfft, I think its really good, having studied for university, but i'm guessing y'all aren't reading it at uni level, so you're not really getting it, to be brutally honest. All you're doing is reading it, i took the ****er apart and acually thought about it, 'cause thats what literature is for...
Watching: Stranger Things
Playing: BF1, DOOM, Witcher 3
Reading: Alastair Reynolds - Chasm City
Listening: RTJ

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
I had to, and we had to write alternate endings to it. Some of the ones produced were actually better than the actual ending.
“Remember, a Christian's strength flows from the Bible. But beware. Criticism, questioning, reason. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.”
~ Yoda on the dark side*

“Reason is the path to the dark side. Reason leads to thinking. Thinking leads to questioning. Questioning lead to science. Science... leads to suffering.”
~ Yoda on science*
We had to read it for English last year as a freshman. Don't get me wrong, I love books, but this one just bored the hell outta me. Same with the Golden Compass.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
OH S#IT!! This book was soooo boring, the only thing that was cool was when okonkwo killed himself cause that meant the book was over. lol remember the part when the white guy came to the Ibo village on a bike and they called it an "iron horse"?
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Things Fall Apart is among my favorite books. I read it electively last year. You are supposed to think about it and pick it apart a bit, but it really wasn't all that hard to pick up on most of the metaphors, themes, etc. If you can get your small minds to focus on something other than just the plot and yams, you'd appreciate it and like it.
Quote by H(i)SS
Things Fall Apart is among my favorite books. I read it electively last year. You are supposed to think about it and pick it apart a bit, but it really wasn't all that hard to pick up on most of the metaphors, themes, etc. If you can get your small minds to focus on something other than just the plot and yams, you'd appreciate it and like it.

Thats what i said! A little maturity goes a long way to hiding your ignorance, children...

Coincidentally, i very nearly failed the exam I chose to write about Things Fall Apart in, lol... Referral FTW

i had to read it for my college's freshman intro class.
i actually thought it was quite great.
my prof told me that the essay i wrote about it was possibly the most original one that she had ever read about it. i honestly didn't think my paper was that good, but i wasn't going to complain.
WARNING! This is one of the only books that accually pisses you off as you read on. Reading more than one chapter in 6 hours may result in the need for anger management. This book also may result in an over dose of yams and beating your nine wifes. The 170 pages in things fall apart accually go on for 5932 pages due to a lack of a plot line or any events occuring in the book at anytime.
Retrieved from "http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Things_Fall_Apart"

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
After the 2nd time, I actually really enjoyed it. 3rd time I lovd it.

Dunno why. It's depressin as ****....
Quote by Kensai
Uh...

Noone uses yams for food... they're terrible and probably dangerous, like other foods trying to warn you with their foul taste.

using yams for shelter?

"Oh no, it be raining, let's hide under that here yam!"
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.

YAM FOO FOO FTW!
"Mort Goldman" of the Family Guy Club
PM Jersey_Zombie to Join

Devestator of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!

My Kit:
Dean FBD Tribute
Vox Ad30vt
more later.....