Hi,

I wanna start leaning bass guitar. I was thinking about buying an acoustic bass so I would be able to bring it to camping. However, I went to a local music shop today and was told that acoustic bass aren't loud enough to stand next to more than one guitar when played acoustically. Is that true?

Thx!
Jon

Ibanez EX series
Epiphone LP standard (project guitar)
Roland Cube 20x
Takamine eg321c
Cort acoustic bass
Well, it is really hard to hear the low E in my experience.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
yeah, that's a safe assumption. Bass sounds are alot harder to hear than treble, when the two are compared.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Well....is there some kind of small, portable, possibly battery powered, amp available?

Thx!
Jon

Ibanez EX series
Epiphone LP standard (project guitar)
Roland Cube 20x
Takamine eg321c
Cort acoustic bass
^--- i know that crate makes some acoustic amps that have a built-in rechargeable battery. i don't really know, but i'd say there's a good chance they probably have a similar bass amp. if not, you could always try playing it through one of those acoustic amps and see what you can get out of it.
just get like some sort of travel amp. but try not to get a guitar, but a bass amp. because in a guitar amp if you run a bass through it it kind of messes up the speaker. its still useable but i did it through one of my amps, and i would have preferd if i didnt.