besides the way the basses look, what are the big differences between the two? Is there much tonal difference? Ive played a bongo and a stingray, but never a stingray hh, so whats the deal?
The only bad f-word is FCC
~Tom Morrello
Bongos have an option for a 4-band EQ while the Stingrays have 3-band EQ at the most. The pickups are different as the Bongo has neodymium magnets. Bongos do not have a pickup selector switch though.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

so, for those of you who have played both, which do you prefer?
~Tom Morrello
I prefer the Bongo.

But I like really modern high output sound, 24 frets, and weird body shapes.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
The Bongo has a blend.

It has a basswood body and 24 frets

Blend as in pickup blend? If so, that's huge. I can never quite fathom why bass makers have pickup switches. I almost always use a blended tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Oh My God is Misha starting to finally appreciate the Bongo!? Good on ya mate took you long enough Bongos also have the option of adding the Piezo pickup to the HH config. no other EBMM bass does and thats why I love MY Bongo among other reasons.
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by thefitz
Blend as in pickup blend? If so, that's huge. I can never quite fathom why bass makers have pickup switches. I almost always use a blended tone.

Yes, a pickup blend.

Also the piezo option already mentioned.

In the pickup switches vs. blend, I like blend just fine, but when I change out my LeCompte's electronics, the pickups are gettin' wired to a 3-way switch.
haha
Quote by RIC4003
Oh My God is Misha starting to finally appreciate the Bongo!? Good on ya mate took you long enough Bongos also have the option of adding the Piezo pickup to the HH config. no other EBMM bass does and thats why I love MY Bongo among other reasons.

I will say that the Bongo is probably the closest thing to an Ernie Ball bass I'd consider buying. For me, the lack of neck finish and basswood body is just beyond the beyond. I think the piezo option is a bit overrated; I've found piezo's to have very poor sustain on solidbodies and sound overly thin.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
what is a piezo ive heard of them but i dont kno what they do. my uncle said it has something to do with the bridge he made it sound really confuzing

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Piezo's basically pick up vibrations of the strings and have nothing to do with magnets, like conventional pickups do. Basically, there are little transducers that pick up the strings vibrations under the bridge saddles and then it's amplified as if it were a normal pickup. They have an acoustic-y tone to them. Most acoustics' pickups are indeed piezo.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
what about the necks? i heard the neck on the stingray hh is thicker, but is it noticeably thicker or what? If i liked the bongo bass a lot, do you think that i would be disspointed by the stingray hh?
~Tom Morrello
They both have an 11" radius and are 1-5/8" at the nut but the Bongo is 1/16" wider at the last fret.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.