hey, im looking for some good metal songs, along the lines of Pantera or Korn (yes i know they are two COMPLETELY different sounds, but i like them both)
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
1. Korn isn't metal.

2. There is already a HUGE Metal Recommendation Thread in the Metal Forum.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Check out the recommendation stickie in the metal forum. With any luck you'll be wearing corpsepaint and burning churches with the best of 'em in a month or two
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
basically just listen to the whole MoP album
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

from the cradle to enslave. (cradle of filth)

vredsbryd, spellbound, mourning palace, well anything from dimmu borgir.

satyricon, in flames.

start there.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
slayer, pantera, sodom, and vader are some sick thrash heavy metal bands and early metallica
listen to iron maiden, slayer judas priest
from maiden listen tot he trooper aces high two minutes to midnight wasted years
from slayer listen to raining blood angel of death
from judas priest listen to pain killer electric eye and you got another thing coming you can also try like bls or somethin like tht
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
from pantera and korn, id check out

metallica - anything off the first few albums, but MoP in particular
slayer - raining blood, angel of death, south of heaven,
slipknot - early stuff like wait and bleed, surfacing, spit it out,
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Take it from me,CHIMAIRA, DISTURBED, CRADLE OF FILTH, MUDVAYNE, SLIPKNOT, SOULFLY, STATIC-X, SYSTEM OF A DOWN GOOD BANDS
Quote by drakenshadow
from the cradle to enslave. (cradle of filth)

vredsbryd, spellbound, mourning palace, well anything from dimmu borgir.

satyricon, in flames.

start there.

PLEASE don't start there. If you're looking for Pantera or Korn like sounds, you might want Machine Head. Their first album is actually fairly Pantera-esque, but the middle stuff is just nu-metal crap. However, if you like Korn, you might enjoy it.

Cradle of Filth is a stain upon black metal. I don't mean that in a good way. At all. If you want black metal, go to the metal recommendation threads that everyone's been talking about.

Demon Burger sucks.

In Flames is melodeath... nothing at all like either Pantera or Korn.

I don't know much about Satyricon, but enough to say that they're not at all like Pantera or Korn.

The album that opened the door into heavier forms of metal for me was New American Gospel by Lamb of God. It's not really all that metal, but it's definitely their best. It's got a lot of groove, much like Pantera, but the vocals are just screeched and their aren't really any solos.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by ReeseKillsHIV
In Flames

They're a nice entry level band.

ya, thats what i started on. great band imo.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by cds+stereo=life
PLEASE don't start there. If you're looking for Pantera or Korn like sounds, you might want Machine Head. Their first album is actually fairly Pantera-esque, but the middle stuff is just nu-metal crap. However, if you like Korn, you might enjoy it.

Cradle of Filth is a stain upon black metal. I don't mean that in a good way. At all. If you want black metal, go to the metal recommendation threads that everyone's been talking about.

Demon Burger sucks.

I don't know much about Satyricon, but enough to say that they're not at all like Pantera or Korn.

The album that opened the door into heavier forms of metal for me was New American Gospel by Lamb of God. It's not really all that metal, but it's definitely their best. It's got a lot of groove, much like Pantera, but the vocals are just screeched and their aren't really any solos.

you dont know ****.

how old are you? i bet you listen to whatever is hip dont you? lamb of god sucks! i bet you like hate breed too.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by cds+stereo=life

Demon Burger sucks.

actualy yeah, i second that motion...

if you like korn and pantera, you might just love lamb of god..

i would check out the album ashes of the wake first..
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by drakenshadow
you dont know ****.

how old are you? i bet you listen to whatever is hip dont you? lamb of god sucks! i bet you like hate breed too.

You're right, i don't know ****. I'm but 11 years old, and I enjoy listening to whatever my 12 year old friends listen to. Hatebreed ownzors my pwnzorz.

No, shut the hell up you pompous douche. You accuse me of listening to whatever is hip, but you're recommending in flames and cradle of filth? I don't think so killer. Lamb of God is not death or thrash or anything, but their first two albums (BTP and NAG) are a good blend of a lot of different subgenres which combine very well. Pull your head out of your ass and broaden your taste a little bit. I bet you've never even heard their early stuff but just say that **** because all the kvlt idiots in the metal forum say that.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Being underground isn't a requirement of being BM.

And saying Nu-metal isn't metal is ridiculous. It's like saying pepperoni pizza isn't pizza.
Quote by Leonheart

And saying Nu-metal isn't metal is ridiculous. It's like saying pepperoni pizza isn't pizza.

Shhhh! The metal forum will killz you!
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by ReeseKillsHIV
What's wrong with recommending In Flames?

They basically created good death metal.

Lawl.

They did not.
Quote by the spiker
They did not.

I hate most music that isn't harmonizing.

Alot of Pre-In Flames death was too...abrasive for me.

Plus they spawned metalcore, which despite all arguments against it, I happen to love.

I'm biased.
Killswitch Engage
Fixation on the Darkness
Vida Infra
Children of Bodom
Sixpounder
"Mort Goldman" of the Family Guy Club
PM Jersey_Zombie to Join

Devestator of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!

My Kit:
Dean FBD Tribute
Vox Ad30vt
more later.....
Quote by WhammyBear
Killswitch Engage
Fixation on the Darkness
Vida Infra
Children of Bodom
Sixpounder

Personally I prefer the stuff off Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper for CoB.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
I like all CoB but i think if hes after a Pantera style then you cant beat sixpounder because of the start riff
"Mort Goldman" of the Family Guy Club
PM Jersey_Zombie to Join

Devestator of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!

My Kit:
Dean FBD Tribute
Vox Ad30vt
more later.....
What a stupidly vague thread, honestly just go to the metal forum to the reccomendation thread, you just waste peoples time this way..
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by Leonheart

It’s not a requirement but it can be helpful. But yes, neither Dimmu nor Cradle are BM anymore, not since their first coupla albums.

Saying nu metal isn’t metal is more like saying “quiche isn’t pizza.”

Overall, nu metal takes far more influence from grunge, hiphop and the rap/rock fusion bands of the early 90s than true metal.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Er. Good metal takes time getting into. It's not like you can just start off listening to the heaviest stuff right away and dig it instantly - that's what makes metal what it is and not just another pop genre. You could of course get an idea of what real metal is by listening to stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Immortal, Emperor, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Nevermore, Dream Theater, Meshuggah, Nile, Behemoth...

But in order to get as far as that and actually appreciate it, you'll simply have to start off somewhere lame. Somewhere like SOAD, Slipknot, Korn or In Flames - or even, gods forbid, Linkin Park. Just keep looking for stuff you like and keep revisiting different subgenres of metal, and eventually you'll find yourself liking stuff you used to hate. For example, Soilwork is a great gateway to a lot of modern heavy metal (and Soilwork is rather good metal too) and Dimmu Borgir is a good gateway into the world of black metal.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by classical_gas
yea i recommend lamb of god and machine head (the blackening is awesome)

+1

most of the rest of you guys are idiots.