Just checked out the new profiles on UG and saw that you could upload tonnes of mp3's. Thought hey i'll load up the demo copy of my solo acoustic album.

I play in bands around the london area, no one big. It's just for the fun of it atm. But i've been writing these songs since 2004. So heres a nice public airing.

Hope you enjoy and get uploading yours too!!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/life_247/music/albums/35406

Thought I might add some more info. It's all been done by me in my bedroom, most of it i just one afternoon. Its pretty much all live apart from one song which I redid the vocals for (And the extra guitar on "Chasing the Sun"). There are a few more songs I need to record then I should really knuckle down and get some good full versions done!
Last edited by life_247 at Aug 18, 2007,
?? Its 10 original recordings in the original recordings section??

The album isn't for sale in any manner, nor am I playing gigs.

##Off to check rules##

EDIT: Im not quite sure whether the rules state that its 2 tracks or 2 topics per week. It is an album so its meant to work as a piece atm. So appologies if this is against the rules but the Profile system heavily supports albums so im just using the tools!! (Sub-forum maybe??)

To Below: Thanky! I'll come back tommorow for C4C. So if you post up your stuff i'll listen to it tmr as its 1am!
Last edited by life_247 at Aug 18, 2007,
Methinks you should mic your acoustic instead of plugging it in; for the sake of our ears.

I like the songs, though.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I only have one microphone (Sure PG58), so not sure it'd be that great. Maybe if I do some overdubs or track by track recording. Would it sound better through a amp Direct into the recording unit rather than straight out of the guitar?

Any tips for post recording with acoustic guitars, its just done using cubase default compressor.
If you're recording a guitar; you should really just get a condenser mic and go from there. I'd suggest purchasing this package.

Going from the direct out of the amp might work; although I've never done it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Anyone know where I can get these/this package in the uk.

Having trouble tracking it down for a decent price, digital village doesn't stock it!