Eww, no. Don't get a stack, especially not an SS Marshall stack, in that price range. What do you play, and do you gig?
Don't get a Marshall unless you want a full size cab + head man. Seriously those things are for people who can crank it to 10 every time, a low volume Marshall sounds like ****.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
i do gig i mostly play metal but i have a ****ty amp in my room to practictice but it sound **** in my garage wen i gig theres always amps there
^ If there's amps there that you can use, then I'd say just A) keep the amp you've got now, seeing as it doesn't really matter when nobody can hear you anyway, or B) buy a nice small tube amp like a JSX Mini Colossal (that Peavey one, I'm not too sure about how it is, though. Worth checking out for you), or the Krank Mini Revolution one (again, haven't tried it out). Both are all tube and a hell of a lot better than that MG.
MGs are horrible...

Stay away from Marshall and Line 6 at that price level, you won't get anything good from them.

You should be able to get a Vox AD30VT or Cube 30 or something in that price range that will sound MUCH better. You could also go for a Crate Palomino, it's an all tube combo, but I don't think it'll achieve metal tones by itself.

The Vox might only be 30 watts, but trust me...it's loud for a 30 watt SS amp.

Oh, and I wouldn't even consider the Krank, as mentioned before, there's no way that's even remotely close to your price range. Krank is crazy expensive.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thanks guys im going to test out the Roland Cube 60 at my local guitar shop and if its any good ill get it
Quote by insanitytheband
i do gig i mostly play metal but i have a ****ty amp in my room to practictice but it sound **** in my garage wen i gig theres always amps there

if you already have a crappy amp then why would you want to buy another one?

There is no such thing as a good, cheap stack, only crap cheap stacks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com