Hi, I'm saving up to buy an ESP EX-50, and I was just wondering if anyone on here had owned/had experience with one, and their opinions on them.

cheers
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Dont know much about it but watch out for the Satin Finish there No Good and they pop in randon places with Esp
The body wood is agathis which sounds sorta weak and has little sustain. I have an EC-200 and it is a decent guitar, but I would say look into something with a better body wood.
Stuff:
ESP LTD EC-200qm
Boss HM-2
Digitech Metal Master
Peavey Backstage 30
Kustom KGA10
i'm getting one (see sig). its a good step up from a squire strat or epi les paul junior.
You know how sometimes you get the feeling that nobody's really listening?

Yeah, welcome to the internet.
Quote by trueguitarhero
i'm getting one (see sig). its a good step up from a squire strat or epi les paul junior.

hmmm... not really.. maybe an EX-260 or EX-400.

but an EX-50 is on a par with a squier from my experience.
I have one. It's good for what it costs.I think it has a nice sound but just beware because it can be neck-heavy.
I have an EX 260, and it plays great. Fast neck, AWESOME sustain, and it sounds really good. The 50 is obviously a downgraded version, but I'm sure it'll play fine. It's neck heavy when you stand, and sitting with it can make the point on the top jab into your thigh, which can be uncomfortable. At the same time, it looks reaaaly nice when you're standing with it, and it's also going to last you a very long time, and it's made well.
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Pantera
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Helloween
your not getting the guitar because it looks good?
cuz let me emphasise do not get a guitar because it looks good.

Also i dont know if your a beginner or not, but nothing likes dumber then a beginner trying to learn mary had a little lamb on a guitar which doesn't suit his level of play.

I personally haven't played the ex-50 but i assume its ****, their just trying to attract beginner guitarists who aspire to be some type of "rock god" with an attractive guitar at an affordable price.
anyone on here will recommend saving up more and get a way better guitar

but whats your price range
what are you upgradeing from (last guitar)
and what music do you play
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Unless you really need a new guitar, keep saving up. You'll get a lot more out of a better guitar obviously, but dont get carried away with getting a new guitar just because of that fact that its a new guitar to show off and play. IMO the low range ESP guitars aren't any good at all. Look for something with a better wood then agathis aswell.
I came here to drink milk and kick ass.

... And I've just finished my milk.
no, not a big step-up from the squire strat. still bolt on neck = hard to play higher notes, bad sustain, still crap pickups. build quality might be better though, but still not good. save up for something better
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
my price range is £200-£300,

I've been playing for three years,

and I am NOT getting it because it looks cool.

I mainly play metal, but I also do some punk and classic rock.

I've also been thinking about getting an LTD F-50.

Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Last edited by AvengedThrice at Aug 19, 2007,
my band were in the recording studio a few weeks back, and the studio had one lying around so i had a try.

the shape is awesome and i love the ergonomics of explorer style guitars - but the ex-50 is waaay too overpriced for what you get. the finish feels cheap and the pickups are quite shoddy. the ltd 50 series is daylight robbery imo. in the long run you're probably better off saving up a bit more or finding something with better wood and hardware in your price range.
hey guys!

I decided not to get the EX-50.

I got a Vintage SG instead.

I'm happy with my choice too
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
hey guys!

I decided not to get the EX-50.

I got a Vintage SG instead.

I'm happy with my choice too

As you should.

My mate has one (upgraded to a Viper-500s now though), and it's actually not bad at all!