Hey I need to know which pickup on my Epi LP Standard is stronger. The bridge or neck?
thanks
The bridge..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The Bridge is more sensitive because the strings by the bridge vibrate less so the magnet needs to be stronger to pick up the vibrations. That's also why the bridge neck pickup sounds more bassy than the bridge. I own an Epi LP standard.
No, NECK is usually the rhythm..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

no on the pickup toggle, Bridge is "treble" neck is "rhythm".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Lay off of him Young Gun... He asked a good question.

The rhythm is the neck pickup, and the bridge is the treble. For me, my rhythm sounds more creamy and heavier than my bridge, but the bridge is technically a hotter pick up. That's not ALWAYS the case, it depends on the pick ups you use, and which holster you put them in.
Quote by vintage x metal

I generally play through the neck for some reason, I have an SG, though. I like the way it sounds better than the bridge. It sounds fatter.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Lay off of him Young Gun... He asked a good question.

The rhythm is the neck pickup, and the bridge is the treble. For me, my rhythm sounds more creamy and heavier than my bridge, but the bridge is technically a hotter pick up. That's not ALWAYS the case, it depends on the pick ups you use, and which holster you put them in.

Dude I've placed a humbucker in the bridge position on my strat. I did research before I bought it so I know what I'm saying. BTW I'm 13
what kind of music do you play? for any kind of heavier music you would use bridge for rhythm. that's the treble on your pickup selector.
Quote by young_gun_Tyler
Dude I've placed a humbucker in the bridge position on my strat. I did research before I bought it so I know what I'm saying. BTW I'm 13

Yeah... Generally you DO place the humbuckers in your bridge if your guitar mostly has single-coils in it. However, he's talking about a guitar with two humbuckers in it. Or it might be a p-90, I don't remember if Epi's have p-90s, or humbuckers.. Whatever.
Quote by vintage x metal

Calm down guys I'm giving him helpful imformation in a 13 year old way. Damn you guys don't need to be asses.
We don't, but you do? Pwned.. Sorry man, I don't mean to pick on a thirteen year old. Just sayin'.. Now.. Tell him to do a Barrel Roll for some reason or the other, and then we probably won't give you a hard time.
Quote by vintage x metal

yeah you assholes

I'm 13 and a half
I've been playing a lil bit over 3 years. I was just having trouble installing my pickups o_O.

and no, this is not my first guitar. I have an Epi LP standard and FirstAct overtone(first guitar)

I put my EMG 81/85 into my LP about 6 months ago and I had useless p-90s.
Today I got the idea that my cheap first guitar (firstact) would sound way better with my Epi LP stock p-90s.

I was just having trouble deciding which P-90 to put into my FirstAct. Considering it only uses one pickup which is near the bridge. I get confused with the lead/bridge rhythm/neck.

But thank you all for helping me even though you gave me a hard time
Now my crappy FirstAct guitar is not as crappy!
Normally I say bridge but I just recently played a Les Paul studio and I dont know maybe the bridge pickup was messed up or something. But the neck was quite a bit stronger sounding.
Hey hey hey, only ONE of us gave you a hard time, you sassy thirteen year old.
Quote by vintage x metal