i have two 15W amps and i thought it would be tits to hook them up like a microstack. the problem is, when i run my cable from the first amp to the second, you only hear the second amp. the first amp is a GDEC and i run the output from the phones jack. so is there anyway to use the phone jack for the other amp and get sound out of my GDEC amp?
Quote by cheap_mercenary
i have two 15W amps and i thought it would be tits to hook them up like a microstack. the problem is, when i run my cable from the first amp to the second, you only hear the second amp. the first amp is a GDEC and i run the output from the phones jack. so is there anyway to use the phone jack for the other amp and get sound out of my GDEC amp?

No. Your amp needs to have an output jack for an external speaker.
^ Wrong, you'll blow the second amp and possibly the first that way.

You'll need a splitter if you want to run both at once. Or you could mod a line out into either of the amps and run it into a cab, that would work too.
Quote by cokeisbetter
You'll need a splitter if you want to run both at once.

By far the best and easiest way.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
can someone send me a link to what one looks like. cuz im not sure if im thinking of the right thing or not
Quote by cheap_mercenary
can someone send me a link to what one looks like. cuz im not sure if im thinking of the right thing or not

It's surprisingly hard to find images of Splitters online.

The best I got was:
(Invalid img)

It's not exactly what you need, but it's close. Kind of depends on what kind of cables and connections you have.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you might get an odd decrease in volume coming from one of the amps. I had that issue at times, but it can usually be fixed by turning one amp up or down, or finding some middle-ground in Volume. It might not happen to you also, it's just a possibility.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Last edited by Kylster at Aug 18, 2007,
In all honesty what you're trying to do is not worth the effort, it's not going to give you any tonal benefit and will most likely sound worse than simply using either amp on it's own...also the last person that did it got mercilessly ridiculed, learn from his mistake

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616948&highlight=dimebucker+telecaster
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
LAF.

you can chain a smaller amp into a larger amp.

but yeah most of the time it's all pretty useles.

altho one time i had a young friend needed to be heard on stage. she only had two practice bass amps.
i ran the guitar out to a Y 1/4" male to 2- 1/4" female splitter, then to both amps.

worked out fine. it's cheesy but worked.

the guys at radio shack have pretty much all the cables u need.

oh yeah and morely makes an AB/Y box if u ever upgrade amps and want to run two at the same time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by steven seagull
In all honesty what you're trying to do is not worth the effort, it's not going to give you any tonal benefit and will most likely sound worse than simply using either amp on it's own...also the last person that did it got mercilessly ridiculed, learn from his mistake

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616948&highlight=dimebucker+telecaster

Wow, that is one of the most retarded things I have read in a while. My mouth was actually hanging open.

Quote by Guitarislife125
wut r u takin about? the fm 1965 is one of the hightst gain amps u can buy my dad plays it rly loud and it sooo distorted i thin because if u crank tube amps they distort. wtf is a roland amp?! did u see jimi playin a roland?!

Man that made my day. I'd sig it but the blues scale is staying.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard