Okay, well this has been bugging me for awhile now, but for whatever reason all of my Bob Dylan albums won't work on my computer. Whenever I stick them in the drive, Windows Media Player just doesn't read it.

They are apparently those 'SACD', meaning 'super audio'. But I don't totally know if that means they won't play on the computer or not. So my question is, is there anyway I can get the computer to recognize them?

nah
youre screwed

maybe
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
are the dual format sacd's, like will they also play in a normal cd player (not one that can read sacd)?

if so they should work on your computer as they will be recognized as a normal cd,

if their not dualformat then i dont think its possible to read them from your computer
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

Quote by pringa
are the dual format sacd's, like will they also play in a normal cd player (not one that can read sacd)?

if so they should work on your computer as they will be recognized as a normal cd,

if their not dualformat then i dont think its possible to read them from your computer

Yeah, on the back of the album it says they are for use in CD compatible and Super Audio CD players.
Get VLC Media player...it will play almost any file out there (audio and video)

Oh, and its free.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
The CDs could be one of those damn anti-piracy CD that don't allow people to download it, a lot of major label CDs are like that now. Well last tie I bought a major label Cd at least..
damn, i have no idea then, have you tried any other programs ?
pringa

Quote by pringa
damn, i have no idea then, have you tried any other programs ?

No, I don't really use any other programs. Everything is on WMP, and thats a lot of files.
If you would have read my thread, yes there are other programs.

Just get VLC...its small, free and awesome.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
you could try another program and then copy the files to where your wmp files are, then add them to ur wmp libary
pringa

Quote by vonfeldt7
If you would have read my thread, yes there are other programs.

Just get VLC...its small, free and awesome.

Uh, I did read your post. I know quite well of many a program, I just choose not to use anything else as I already have some odd 60 gigs already on WMP.

So I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not looking at getting another program. I'm guessing they just aren't compatible with something.
Well windows comes with a program called windows converter.....ive used it to convert old cd's into mp3s. search for it....if its on your computer try that. if not, then i have no idea
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Well windows comes with a program called windows converter.....ive used it to convert old cd's into mp3s. search for it....if its on your computer try that. if not, then i have no idea

Well all of these are all recently reissued, so its not like they are really that old. I'm pretty sure they all are already in some sort of .mp3 form.
Maybe you just need to download codecs for WMP?
which version of wmp do u have?
pringa