I ordered a Steinberger off eBay, but when I got it there wasn't enough tension in the spring for the bridge to float in tune. The guy who had it before me kept the bridge locked all the time - that probably messed it up over time or something since he didn't properly adjust it. Either way that one is back since he was nice about giving a refund and I ordered a Steinberger GU Deluxe off of MusicYo. They're still in stock and they routinely go for $400+ on the eBay, so grab one while they're in stock. They're great axes anyway WHEN THEY WORK xD.

Without further ado, picatures:

Comes with a gigbag.

Bridge

Controls

Bridge dive

The neck is very thin and feels a tad thicker than a Wizard, having a C instead of D profile. I have .09-.42 strung up on it right now with ~2mm action on the high side. The bridge holds tune most excellently - my G-string isn't going out constantly like on my $100 Chinese special (though I still love that one to death). Stringing up and tuning took about 5 minutes, literally - no string cutting or anything, but you have to use double-ball strings or buy a $30 adapter for regular strings, which does then require cutting. Either way it's still quicker than Floyd stringing. The bridge has the ability to lock in place a-la Tremol-no or Speedloader systems, so you string up that way, unlock, then adjust a spring tension knob until it stays in tune while floating. The tremolo can dive like no tomorrow and pull up quite far as well. Initially I had issues with it returning to tune from pull-ups because I found out the bridge was hitting the side of the trem cavity, but a teeny bit of sandpaper and 5 minutes later it was all good.

The pickups are not very special sounding, but they are quiet. Like on my other guitar I noticed they got rather muddy on higher distortion - I'll be swapping these out once the guitar's warranty runs out ;-).

In short I love this thing pretty good. I might wanna get the action down a bit more and maybe sand the neck for a flatted back, plus the aforementioned pickup swap and possibly a white refinish, but that all needs to wait until this thing has nothing left to lose.

Comments?
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Last edited by Mo Jiggity at Sep 12, 2007,
is it anygood
GuItArS
Epiphone Les PAul StandarD

AmPs
Line 6 Spider III 120

group http://

group join if u want Ug hockey fans
Quote by Mo Jiggity

In short I love this thing pretty good. I might wanna get the action down a bit more and maybe sand the neck for a flatted back, plus the aforementioned pickup swap and possibly a white refinish, but that all needs to wait until this thing has nothing left to lose.

Comments?

I was lying when I said that. It's absolutely terrible.

Read ever?

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
I will only forgive you if you are a Genesis fan and you play Home by the Sea
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Quote by Deviant1853
I will only forgive you if you are a Genesis fan and you play Home by the Sea

Nah. Blue Oyster Cult inspired me. That's why I want the white ;-).

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Nice... bonus points for the Lost Boys poster.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by rilakam
Nice... bonus points for the Lost Boys poster.

Sorry for the bump, but holy crap I can't believe you noticed that. Well done!

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N