So, you can see my setup on my sig. I mainly play southern texas style blues through my strat. I've been thinkin about getting a Boss Blues Driver, which in my opinion sounds the best out of the several competetors.

Heres the video that my decision has been made off of thus far, because he has the exact same setup I have, and I can hear what the effect would be If I were to play it at GC. Please watch, and listen to the center pedal, which he uses alittle before 1/2 way through.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DGj9IU5os94

Do you think that this pedal can achieve better tones and bitey overdrive then using the overdrive channel on my amp? I would like to try it out in person, of course, to find out myself...but the volumes I would need to test it at are way too high to be polite to play at GC.

Also...a problem with my Crybaby wah. For some reason, the pedal does not work at all when engaged. But, when I turn my guitar up past 9, the pedal screeches. The pitch gets higher as I turn up the volume knob higher. I have replaced the battery. Anyone help? =(

Thanks alot!
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
to the crybaby thing- that sounds like what happens when you plug a wah in backwards.... im not calling you an idiot or anything..... but did you check?
and that blues driver sounds good there, ive never really liked it very much when ive tried it at guitarcenter, but i almost never shoot for a blues sound

edit: the tube screamer sounded a bit better to me
Quote by strq010
to the crybaby thing- that sounds like what happens when you plug a wah in backwards.... im not calling you an idiot or anything..... but did you check?
and that blues driver sounds good there, ive never really liked it very much when ive tried it at guitarcenter, but i almost never shoot for a blues sound

edit: the tube screamer sounded a bit better to me

I have to say I didn't like the tubescreamer as much as the blues driver. *shrug*

I'm pretty sure I switched out the cables both ways to make sure, but I'll try again.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by PeachWater
I really like the blues driver, but I also know that many blues players will use a tube screamer. Stevie Ray Vaughan used two tube screamers right next to each other in his effects board. Personally, I don't like the overdrive channels on the hot rods. I have played one many times, and the cleans are unbeatable, but the drive is a little weak, imo. I'm also more of a hard rock/metal person. Idk anything about the wah deal, but good luck with the rest of the stuff.

Thanks for the good luck. Yeah I like the tubescreamers, they are nice, But I don't want to build a rig that replicates his tone, I want to keep a semi-originality to it. I don't want someone someone to say "Good tone" and me say "Yeah, its a ripoff of SRV!"
-Jim Morrison
I'm too lazy to check but keep in mind thats a modded BD, the normal ones pretty crappy sounding
Quote by Twevo
I'm too lazy to check but keep in mind thats a modded BD, the normal ones pretty crappy sounding

O.o the blue one? Are you positive?

**edit** yeah, youre right.
-Jim Morrison