so i just bought a strat after owning teles exclusively. i just tried to change the strings from 9's to 10's, and i noticed that the tremolo is raised a lot higher and the bridge (as seen from the back) is in a completely different place then it was with the 9's. did i mess up?
Originally posted by TempoTantrum
If we make it to like 2500, the average size of people will be like 7'2". And if we make it to 3500, St. Anger might go Gold.
Originally said by George Bush Jr.
I am a man of peace
nope you didnt mess up, you should just be able to tighten the springs in the back to lower the bridge again.
no, you just need to adjust the bridge tension. this is done by unscrewed the back plate and tightening the two screws that hold the springs from the bridge into the guitar untill the bridge is in the place that u want it
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Absolutely not. Flip your strat over. On mine there is a black cover where you slide the strings through. Open that, there should be about six screws and then it should just lift right off. There should be a standard of two springs in there. Now go to your local guitar shack and by two more. Put 'em in. I just dealt with the same thing. The tension of the strings is too high for the somewhat floating bridge that the strat has. Once you put those springs in you should be able to string it up with no problem.

-edit- I was saying absolutely not to when you asked if you screwed up, not to what the guy before me posted. He must of posted as I was typing. I've never heard of doing what he says but if it worked for him, I don't see why it wouldn't for you.
Quote by mattbrown8787
Absolutely not. Flip your strat over. On mine there is a black cover where you slide the strings through. Open that, there should be about six screws and then it should just lift right off. There should be a standard of two springs in there. Now go to your local guitar shack and by two more. Put 'em in. I just dealt with the same thing. The tension of the strings is too high for the somewhat floating bridge that the strat has. Once you put those springs in you should be able to string it up with no problem.

-edit- I was saying absolutely not to when you asked if you screwed up, not to what the guy before me posted. He must of posted as I was typing. I've never heard of doing what he says but if it worked for him, I don't see why it wouldn't for you.

is it really necessary to buy more springs? you should just be able to tighten the screws to lower the bridge... unless you have like 20 gauge strings