My idiot friend says Alex Lifeson from Rush is a better guitarist than page ( ) anyway he says Page never made "intricate" work. Anyway can you guys please prove him wrong
Last edited by Rapture431 at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by Say Ocean
I like Alex Better.

More original

But Page made better riffs and better compositions and was more innovative, how is Lifeson more original?
Yeah Lifeson is better... Page is good, but not intricate... I mean hell he ripped Stairway off

Prog in itself is "intricate"

and Rush is pretty much the greatest band ever
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Complex ?

What else could be more complex that ALL off his damn work.

And yeah I like Rush but for me the talent is in Lee and Peart. Lifeson sucks.

Seriously dude....
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Quote by Pertenozzo
Complex ?
And yeah I like Rush but for me the talent is in Lee and Peart. Lifeson sucks.

No? Can you play YYZ?
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
^they're both good. but lifeson did more complex work than page. i dig Page's guitar tone more than Lifeson's. not thin... but too... iono. i guess you say "scooped".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by The McManus
Yeah Lifeson is better... Page is good, but not intricate... I mean hell he ripped Stairway off

ya he did rip off Starirway I'll admit to that . But Rush is THE greatest band ever? You delusional Prog Heads are pathetic. In terms of music Led Zeppelin rapes the **** out of Rush.
Quote by The McManus
No? Can you play YYZ?

Yeah, actually I play it from time to time.

I've been here for 3 years. I just registered recently.

The question should be something like....

"Can you compose YYZ? "

Get a life and try to do your stuff instead of playing Rush's stuff 24/7.

Oh yeah get off my **** too please.

Last edited by Pertenozzo at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by Pertenozzo
Yeah, I can ****ing play it. Pff another "dude" that sucks some band's balls.

The question would be something like....

"Can you compose YYZ? "

Get a life and try to do your stuff instead of playing Rush's stuff 24/7.

Oh yeah get off my **** too please.

Whoa whao Im just expressing an opinion here dude... no need to get hostile, I didnt insult you or anything... Im just saying that in my opinion Lifeson is the better guitarist...

and to answer your question, no I couldn't compose YYZ, I have a job... I dont have that much time
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by The McManus
Whoa whao Im just expressing an opinion here dude... no need to get hostile, I didnt insult you or anything... Im just saying that in my opinion Lifeson is the better guitarist...

and to answer your question, no I couldn't compose YYZ, I have a job... I dont have that much time

It just pisses me off seeing guys that because they grew up with a band, they have the right to say what and what not.

Your last point was true, but at the same time makes me wonder how much of a guitarist you're. Not that I'll judge you.

Quote by Say Ocean

...but Jimmy Page takes the award for most overrated guitarist ever.

+1
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by Rapture431
My idiot friend says Alex Lifeson from Rush is a better guitarist than page ( ) anyway he says Page never made "intricate" work. Anyway can you guys please prove him wrong

In my opinion Alex Liferson is one of the most Under-rated guitarists of all time, and Jimmy page is one of the most over-rated....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Bron-Yr-Aur is his best arrangement I think, if not that then maybe Achilles Last Stand. The problem is that Lifeson has done a lot more complex stuff than Page has. I still prefer the Zep though.
Quote by The McManus

First off, **** Stairway. Led Zeppelin doesn't revolve around the song. They had 3 albums before it and they were all better than Zeppelin IV.

Second, Rush isn't prog. rock. It's just a label that was slapped on them. Geddy Lee says Rush is rock and nothing more. Geddy said the whole 'prog. rock' name was stupid because people tend to think that only intelligent people can play prog rock.

Third, Page is better than Lifeson, but Rush is still awesome.

Fly By Night is on the radio right now
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Page is kinda over rated, just wondering what did he rip off from stairway?
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
Page is kinda over rated, just wondering what did he rip off from stairway?

Taurus by Spirit
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Pertenozzo
It just pisses me off seeing guys that because they grew up with a band, they have the right to say what and what not.

Your last point was true, but at the same time makes me wonder how much of a guitarist you're. Not that I'll judge you.

Just so we can end this on good terms... here is what I am saying...

Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart, and Geddy Lee are three of the most talented musicians alive today...

Page is good, and I admire his work, but he is very overrated, along with Stairway to Heaven.

I could never ever hope to be 1/10th the guitarist Lifeson or page is...
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by Say Ocean
Led Zep is just white boys ripping off black mens music.

Haha not really, but Jimmy Page takes the award for most overrated guitarist ever.

Overrated as a guitarist? How so? He's one of the most influential, critically acclaimed, and revolutionary guitarists of all time.
Lifeson is better, listen to Xanadu - it's one of the best composed rock songs of modern times. It's sublime. I like Led Zeppelin and I believe they caught a wider audience but Rush is a better band. They music covers more ground and it is all so different, but amazing in it's own respect.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by Rapture431
Overrated as a guitarist? How so? He's one of the most influential, critically acclaimed, and revolutionary guitarists of all time.

Uh do you really think that the greatest guitarist award goes to a classic rock/ blues rock player? He was good but jesus not the best by far
Quote by Rapture431

</fanboyism>