So how many ignorant MetalHeads here think Metal is not Rock music?

Metal bands aknowledge they are METAL,etc. But it's ALL Rock though. ROCK genre in itself oversees everything. I mean there is no actual band that is just "rock"

Seriously, who you are morons to decide what is rock and what is not rock? Rock music critics and metal bands themselves classify themselves as Rock music. It's Heavy Metal...or..excuse me...ignorant METAL heads, along with a crap load of other people sick to my stomach. Seriously wake up you idiots.

I mean look if you want to be spefic then sure say "Metal" or whatever sub-genre you listen to. But to say that it's NOT Rock music is asinine. a strong back beat, and often revolves around guitar
Quote by ZombieModeRocks
why does it matter man? really? all this genre drama, just let it be man.

for real. screw all this categorizing crap, its all music man

just like we're all people regardless of skin color.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Metal and Rock are two different things, they are closely related, but they are very different...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
threadstarter what the hell is wrong with you? seriously! who gives a hairy cunt?
but its pretty feasible to say that metal isn't rock anymore either because it has so drastically evolved, at least in the extreme metal zone. to me it is more jazz than rock.
Quote by Phe4rTheGod

awww...talkin shit tryin to defend a fagband??? how cute...fuck opeth...lamb of god is what makes metal these days...they are what pantera was in the 80's and 90's...prickfuck...talk shit...

We could just call it all music since its all music...but then i'd ask people to recommend me a new music band to listen to and they'd say Panic! at the Disco when i wanted something along the lines of Immortal.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Last edited by TheBlessed Dead at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by Rapture431
Metal bands aknowledge they are METAL,etc. But it's ALL Rock though. ROCK genre in itself oversees everything. I mean there is no actual band that is just "rock"

Seriously, who you are morons to decide what is rock and what is not rock? Rock music critics and metal bands themselves classify themselves as Rock music. It's Heavy Metal...or..excuse me...ignorant METAL heads, along with a crap load of other people sick to my stomach. Seriously wake up you idiots.

I mean look if you want to be spefic then sure say "Metal" or whatever sub-genre you listen to. But to say that it's NOT Rock music is asinine. a strong back beat, and often revolves around guitar

Calling us Ignorant. How Ironic.

It all started as Classical, which split off into a popular genre called 'Blues'. Sometime in the late 60's Rock n Roll was formed from Blues. Delving into the late 70's we saw the rise in popularity of new Rock Sub-genres and Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal saw birth to many many sub-genres so that the overall was named 'Metal' and Heavy Metal sat alongside Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Power Metal and Black Metal. Around the same time as Thrash Metal, we saw a rise in popularity of Synthesizers and Artificial Drum beats. Hip Hop and RnB followed shortly.

By your logic we may as well call all Music "Classical", or save time and call it "Music".

See where i'm getting at?

Classical > Blues > Rock > Metal > Nu/Industrial Metal
Classical > Blues > Country
Classical > Blues > Rock > Techno > Hip Hop > RnB > Rap

Reminder !: This is purely for illustrations sake. Do not rip my head off at any disagreements. The point here is at the hierarchical structure of musical genres.
registered August 19, 2007

you are all easily trolled
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Quote by Ungero
registered August 19, 2007

you are all easily trolled

On the WoW Forums we call this 'Cowardly Alt Trolling'.
Quote by Sn^ke
On the WoW Forums we call this 'Cowardly Alt Trolling'.
On the UG forums we call it gaycore.

And *reported*.
Quote by Rapture431

hahahaha

hey, its called a tampon