I currently own a $150 epiphone SG made of alder/maple with two humbuckers. I was wondering what would be the best way to improve my sound buy a new SG for about $500 or putting new pickups into my current guitar. As for the pickups I was thinking an invader for the bridge and for the neck I haven't decided yet but it would be a more clean sound pickup.
personally id go for the new guitar, as that will improve you tone more so than a pickup upgrade.
Guitar first. Or if you have a shitty amp, amp first.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I bet you need a new amp.

And the Invader never improved anybody's sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
1) I play punk and metal most of the time but I do like to play a little classic rock/blues.
2) I am getting a new amp although I'm undecided on which one yet
3) I guess I won't get an invader can anyone suggest 2 good pickups?
and Which is more of an improvement on my tone guitar or pickups?
Quote by SOAD_freak777
1) I play punk and metal most of the time but I do like to play a little classic rock/blues.
2) I am getting a new amp although I'm undecided on which one yet
3) I guess I won't get an invader can anyone suggest 2 good pickups?
and Which is more of an improvement on my tone guitar or pickups?

Wait until you get a new amp. New pickups cost around 150 bucks for a set. If you can toss that much for a set of pickups, you can use it towards a new amp.

And as far as improvement, an amp would be a bigger tone improvement than a guitar or pickups. If you think you guitar feels comfortable, and plays okay to use, then stick with it.

And for pickups, maybe check out the SH-1 '5 in the neck + SH-5 Custom in the bridge. Remember, get the amp first. Post a thread on a new amp, if you're interested in buying one.
if you have the money, get Dimarzio Tone Zone\ Fred \ Evolution pickups. Those 3 are just beautiful sounding.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Feel free to take a look at GFS Pickups, also.

Decent little budget pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.