Hey,
I'm thinking of replacing the Floyd Rose on my Ibanez RG350EX with a new one and buying a D-tuna. I am frequently switching from standard EADGBE to DADGBE and I've been doing that with the E fine tuning key but it slowly puts my entire guitar out of tune which is my concern.
I work at a music shop so I can get this pretty cheap; $90 AUD.
So now I just want a few opinions. Should I buy the new floyd rose + D-Tuna or should I just let my guitar slowly go out of tune? I'm pretty keen on the new floyd rose and D-Tuna just for the record.
What do you think?
i think you should get teh OFR anyway, as the edge 3 will die soonish anyway (thats if you;ve gotan edge 3)
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Yeah i hate the Floyd rose on my guitar anyway. i think it is an edge 3.
Yes i can retune it by ear but that means i would have to undo my locking nuts and stuff when im on stage which would take a while and would not be cool.
Quote by -HeretiC-
Yeah i hate the Floyd rose on my guitar anyway. i think it is an edge 3.
Yes i can retune it by ear but that means i would have to undo my locking nuts and stuff when im on stage which would take a while and would not be cool.

I see. well i guess u should get the d tuna
Just buy a new guitar, and leave it tuned to drop-D. Even using the D-tuna will upset the tuning of other strings, because you're using a floating bridge. Oh, and changing guitars between songs looks BR3WT4L.
the EVH d-tuna ONLY works on guitars with non-recessed trems or if the trems are blocked off
its easier to just get a new guitar really :/
Top lel.
It doesnt fit into the Edge 3 bridge, ive established that. Hence the reason im buying a new floyd rose that WILL fit it. Easy as.
I already change guitars in out set from E to C so i dont want a D guitar aswell haha.
right, the D-Tuna WILL NOT WORK of bridges with floating trems that are fully floating. End of story.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
You can't install D tuna on floating trems like on your RG.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Quote by timi_hendrix
An OFR won't fit into the Edge III space without at least a bit of modification.

it will, they are an exact swap

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by -HeretiC-
It doesnt fit into the Edge 3 bridge, ive established that. Hence the reason im buying a new floyd rose that WILL fit it. Easy as.
I already change guitars in out set from E to C so i dont want a D guitar aswell haha.

Quote by mcw00t
it will, they are an exact swap

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, you both have the same avatar, I assumed you were the same person.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
the OFR and Edge 3 are bridges that are an exact swap, he is talking about the D-Tuna not fitting the Edge 3, and fitting the OFR, not the OFR not fitting in the Edge 3 cavity

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Whether you use a D-Tuna or just re-tune the string manually it doesn't make any difference - as soon as you change the tuning of that string you send all the others out of whack and have to spend 10 minutes re-tuning. Not worth the effort.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com