I'm getting a Macbook for uni,

It's got decent RAM/processor power, Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger

I'm not dual booting windows or anything like that.

Would Steam/Counter-Strike work on it?

/Doesn't care for 'macs rool/suxxors' or any of that crap. just anyone with experience yes or no.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Apparently Sierra were porting it to Mac, but backed out at the last minute. Even so, if you can find a Mac-version then I doubt it would play very well - if at all - on a Macbook.

Can you give us a specific graphics card and processor?
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I love it when people play with my hair :3

Being a dog must be awesome.
Steam isn't compatible with Macs, and you can't play CS Source without steam.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by monkfish_bandan
Apparently Sierra were porting it to Mac, but backed out at the last minute. Even so, if you can find a Mac-version then I doubt it would play very well - if at all - on a Macbook.

Can you give us a specific graphics card and processor?

the graphics card is i think going to be the weakest link to be honest, in most of the reviews etc they credit it as a downer on the thing, its

Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory

processor is Intel core 2 duo at 2.16ghz

and the RAM is a gig.

and rankles: i don't play source anyway, but do you have to have steam to play 1.6 now?
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
The processor and RAM are plenty, unfortunately you ain't goin' nowhere with that graphics card. It also sounds as though it is integrated, which makes upgrade next to impossible.

If it isn't integrated, change it. As for Steam, dual-boot Windows and strip off the appearance features - or better still, get Parallels or VMWare.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I love it when people play with my hair :3

Being a dog must be awesome.
Quote by campbell92
Why wouldn't you dual-boot Windows?

because i don't see the point in getting a mac to run windows. Plus my friend's been advising against it.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Quote by ToolBass_dude
because i don't see the point in getting a mac to run windows. Plus my friend's been advising against it.

To play CSS? LIsten I've been using this Mac for years and there have been times where I could swith to Windows just like that.
Quote by campbell92
To play CSS? LIsten I've been using this Mac for years and there have been times where I could swith to Windows just like that.

but playing CS 1.6 is by no means a big issue- i was happy without it working, it'd just be nice to be able to play it once in a while, and i wasn't intending to put windows on just for that purpose.

just out of curiosity, how hard/expensive is it to go about dual-ing windows?
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Quote by ToolBass_dude
but playing CS 1.6 is by no means a big issue- i was happy without it working, it'd just be nice to be able to play it once in a while, and i wasn't intending to put windows on just for that purpose.

just out of curiosity, how hard/expensive is it to go about dual-ing windows?

It's a matter of illegaly downloading it, installing it, and using it. You might as well, it's not going to slow down your computer or take up a lot of space.
Try downloading Parallel, I've heard it's a pretty god program.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Rankles
Steam isn't compatible with Macs, and you can't play CS Source without steam.

another reason y u shouldn't use mac's.. go with linux it would properly work with that. if you use wine and stuff
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by cyclobs
another reason y u shouldn't use mac's.. go with linux it would properly work with that. if you use wine and stuff

Your post doesn't matter because your avatar is of Sum 41.
Quote by campbell92
Your post doesn't matter because your avatar is of Sum 41.

Quote by campbell92
It's a matter of illegaly downloading it, installing it, and using it. You might as well, it's not going to slow down your computer or take up a lot of space.

See, maybe i will, but not yet- this is my first laptop for myself, and i don't want to do anything that may screw it up- i've heard Apple are very picky when it comes to the warranty. Which windows can i use best? but I don't particularly like vista, is XP ok?
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Last edited by ToolBass_dude at Aug 20, 2007,