Page 1 of 2
hey, im sorry if this has been done before but i had a little shifty and couldnt find anything,

Im looking for some thought provoking lines or anything that makes you think "Hey"

not to long mind, they should only be a few words long.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

thanks
LORD V4DER wrote:

Maybe when Randy Rhoads, Kurt Kobain, Jimmy Hendrix and Dimebag Darrel come back to life and tell me to begin at the end, I'll listen. Until then I'll do things as I please.
What came first? The chicken of the egg? Classic.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Quote by _Tenacious_
What came first? The chicken of the egg? Classic.

Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
Quote by fadetoblackjc

haha funny

why do men have nipples
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
haha funny

why do men have nipples

because your sex is decided after they are produced
lol. If God made stuff, who made God?

Quote by Miggy01
This shoudl help:

If ghosts go through walls, why don’t they fall through the floor?

Why isn’t evaporated milk a gas?

Why was it that in all different cultures the men always used to come first and never the women?

When you feel down, why do people ask what’s up?

In horse racing, why do they award the rider and not the horse?

If insects are so obsessed with bright lights, why don’t they fly off to the sun?

What happens if you die in your dream?

Why do people more commonly skip breakfast than any other meal, considering that this is the time when the stomach is emptiest?

How are children supposed to take medicine if it’s meant to be kept out of their reach?

Why do people talk about ‘girlie’ things but never ‘boyie’ things?

If you sneezed on a computer, would it get a virus?

Can you dream of having a dream?

Why do we close doors and windows to reduce noise, considering that sound travels better through solids?

If Pinocchio said, “My nose is about to grow”, what would happen?

What did the designer of the drawing board go back to when his/her original design was a failure?

What sort of a vehicle did those huge 300kg tyres that are used in the World’s Strongest Man contests come off?

Why do we hang our clothes on a washing line and not a drying line?

Why do ‘a fat chance’ and ‘a slim chance’ mean the same thing?

Why does your nose run and your feet smell?

Why is ‘abbreviation’ such a long word?

Why are there seeds in seeded grapes, but no bones in a boned fillet?

When people go mental, why do they get physically violent?

Why do we never hear of people coming from ‘left west’ or ‘right east’?

What is an occasional table the rest of the time?

If you get a beer belly by drinking beer, do you get a pot belly by smoking pot?

Why is Friday 13th considered unlucky, considering that the Last Supper was on Thursday?

If you can enjoy yourself, why can’t you enjoy anyone else?

What would a burger of ham be called?

If dawn breaks, does dusk come together?

Why does ‘dyslexia’ have to be so hard to spell?

If you think you’re a hypochondriac, then are you one or not?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Does God believe that there are atheists?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by Jackolas
Why don't penguins feet freeze?

Because of evoulution. Originally penguin feet probably did freeze, but then those penguins started dieing off and weren't getting laid (as in sex).

Better question, why do people search for god and the meaning of life?
Does it really matter?
Isn't a better question to ask; what should I do next?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.

they dont do they?
LORD V4DER wrote:

Maybe when Randy Rhoads, Kurt Kobain, Jimmy Hendrix and Dimebag Darrel come back to life and tell me to begin at the end, I'll listen. Until then I'll do things as I please.
Quote by _Tenacious_
lol. If God made stuff, who made God?

Yeah but who made what made God?

& so on.
Quote by splinter26
because your sex is decided after they are produced

lol you couldn't be more wrong!! it is determined as soon as the sperm cell that has been created remember x and y chromosoms?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by Jackolas
Not bad - the egg obviously came first anyway.
Both science and mainstream catholic religion (as in the one the pope rules over) says the chicken.

Dah, because the east can never be right. Could you imagine that, china being correct?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Aug 19, 2007,
mainstream catholic religion

WTF?
LORD V4DER wrote:

hahha, the reptillians made us all
www.truthism.com
Quote by sadistic_monkey

I suggest you construct a space station the size of a moon, and destroy their home planet.

Quote by Wratheh
Grab a lighter and light it by your ass while farting. That's how you flame someone.
Quote by hippy82
they dont do they?

actually, they do.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
How slow can you waterski?

Can animals be homosexual?

Is anything actually safe?
My attempts at explaining some. Sort of.

Quote by FlamingYouth
This shoudl help:

They can control what they go through, and do not wish to go through the floor (most of the time).

Why was it that in all different cultures the men always used to come first and never the women?

Men are physically "stronger" so back in the days they could keep women down with sheer physical force. Nowadays it seems to me women can manipulate men in emotional ways and men can no longer (socially accepted of course) keep women down with force.

This is just an expression and is not to be taken literally - much like "letting the cat of the bag" for example. Though someone with Asbergers syndrome would take this literally and probably reply with "what's up? the ceiling, or space".

Because the horse cannot complain about the fact the rider gets all the glory - it's very content with a nice hosing down and a celebrationary bucket of the finest hay!

If insects are so obsessed with bright lights, why don’t they fly off to the sun?

They only react like this primarily to un-natural lights such as UV emulating lights and commerical lightbulbs - they also couldn't fly high enough to reach the sun amongst other things.

You wake up. Or the dream just turns really weird!

Why do people more commonly skip breakfast than any other meal, considering that this is the time when the stomach is emptiest?

Anxieties about the day ahead, bad habits, bad night before, not in the mood, etc.

How are children supposed to take medicine if it’s meant to be kept out of their reach?

With the assistance of their parents.

"Boyie" isn't even a word used loosely as slang. Maybe "Ladish" or "blokes talk". Much in the same way the plural of chive is chives and the plural of fez is fezi!

No because a computer is not a living being.

Yes because it happens to me!

Why do we close doors and windows to reduce noise, considering that sound travels better through solids?

Closing doors and windows actually blocks sounds, so I don't know where the loose claim "sound travels better through solids". Better than what, exactly? Might as well be "better than icecream".

His nose would grow simply because whoever came up with the situation is a sadistic bastard.

What did the designer of the drawing board go back to when his/her original design was a failure?

a nice cup of tea.

What sort of a vehicle did those huge 300kg tyres that are used in the World’s Strongest Man contests come off?

industrial tractors.

Because the clothing hung on said line is the "washing" - thus the washing line.

Polarisation. Also, figure of speech.

Feet smell due to heavy build up of sweat and the sheer amount of weight they have to support, plus they are kept in air restrictive conditions such as shoes. Noses run to clear and remove bacteria and viruses.

Because this is the technical term to describe ... yeah.

Because the fillet was once boned, but has been removed by the chef/preperator for the convenience of the eater, or him/herself.

The energy has to go somewhere - so it turns physical, and violence is a big use of energy.

Because west is NOT always left, and right is NOT always east. This would lead to all sorts of confusion!

Never heard this term, but I can assume it is a permenant table

If you get a beer belly by drinking beer, do you get a pot belly by smoking pot?

No, you just get ****ed up in the head and become a wasteman/girl.

Why is Friday 13th considered unlucky, considering that the Last Supper was on Thursday?

Ask any devout Christian!

Because this has serious awkward sexual connotations.

A porky pig burger.

Dusk "sets".

The man who discovered dyslexia has a warped sense of humour.

Yes. It's all in your head.

You have succeeded against all the odds.

Yes. He believes they should follow him or lead an unbalanced and unhealthy life, I assume.
geeez,
shouldnt you be working or somthing?
LORD V4DER wrote:

Quote by demonofthenight
Both science and mainstream catholic religion (as in the one the pope rules over) says the chicken.

Dah, because the east can never be right. Could you imagine that, china being correct?

Wrong! The egg would've came first, to put it simply: Something that wasn't quite a chicken (Call it X) laid an egg that contained X + a mutation that made it a chicken. As for the why men have nipples question... men can breastfeed, look it up. (I'd also like to add who gives a **** what the church has to say? Science > Religion)

Edit: Just read the "Can animals be homosexual" question, it's not really a thought provoking question (actually it doesn't make sense), homosexuality has been documented in nature... so yes.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Last edited by Callum89 at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by FlamingYouth
This shoudl help:

Why isn’t evaporated milk a gas?

Those are honestly the stupidest lines I've ever read.
Quote by cocacolabottle
How come the glue doesn't get stuck in the tube?

I don't know for certain but I would guess it's to do with there being no air in the tube. If you leave a tube of glue open it dries up in the tube.
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Jackolas
My attempts at explaining some. Sort of.

I'm not sure answering all these with seemingly intelligent questions is good to say in The Pit. Do what you want, though, hahah
Quote by Archaon

Agreed; they were interesting when I was 12, but they're just overly pedantic musings on idioms and figures of speech.

Anyway, as for my contribution to the thread:

Do you agree that the only real fear in the world is the fear of not having control? IE: Altophobia = fear of heights, but if you simplify it slightly, altophobics (like myself) are scared of not being able to control if they fall or not.
So, couldn't fear be defined as the emotion of feeling you have little or no control over a situation? Discuss.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by lexaah
lol you couldn't be more wrong!! it is determined as soon as the sperm cell that has been created remember x and y chromosoms?

I thought everyone starts as female and guys grow a penis because of those chromosomes.

Jurassic Park lied to me.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I thought everyone starts as female and guys grow a penis because of those chromosomes.

Jurassic Park lied to me.

Yes it did. The egg will contain an X chromosome, your sex is decided by the sperm that fertilises it.
Although you can acquire some freaky-deaky trisomy 'mutations' that way too.
Quote by Allnightmask22
Agreed; they were interesting when I was 12, but they're just overly pedantic musings on idioms and figures of speech.

Anyway, as for my contribution to the thread:

Do you agree that the only real fear in the world is the fear of not having control? IE: Altophobia = fear of heights, but if you simplify it slightly, altophobics (like myself) are scared of not being able to control if they fall or not.
So, couldn't fear be defined as the emotion of feeling you have little or no control over a situation? Discuss.

Not really, fear is just anxiety in a dangerous situation. The situation wouldn't be dangerous if you had full control over it. Do you always feel fear when you have little or no control over a situation?
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
just think about time travel. If you go back in time can you see yourself? How would you go back into 1 person?
Quote by FlamingYouth

most ppl wake up

yes.

because sound only travels through solids better when it is conducted directly to the solid.

classic.

because "fat chance" is when you're being sarcastic.

because their minds go nutty and cause them to do stupid things, like hit people.

if couldn't have been, because the word thursday is branched from "thor's day" in the anglo-saxon culture, which was well after Christ's death.

i've heard people say this

it's a couple other words joined together, latin i think.

well, if he's all-knowing, then he wouldn't have to think, now would he?

this thread pwns
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by joeymaxx

Can animals be homosexual?

google "bonobo sex play". in other words, they can be bi...
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Archaon

Agreed.
SPACE FOR RENT
animals can be homosexual. There are two gay flamingos at my local bird sancturary and they have stolen a straight flamingos egg and are raising as a male and female would. Its freeky in a completely non freeky way!
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Homosexuality = Imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Scientists made 'gay' rats turn 'straight' by removing/inducing the correct amount of chemicals.

Quote by Miggy01
Page 1 of 2