Background
hey, I have gotton a thicker set of gauged strings, and I have adjsuted the Truss rod 1/8" already, and I have this small buzz in one spot.

The Problem

I have fret buzz on the first fret only on my biggest string size 56, when that string is played open and has vibrated for about 5 seconds, then it buzzes on the first fret

What do you suggest to do?
Has it got a locking nut? If so, tighten it up at that end of it and that should help. If not, then I'm afraid I don't know...file the fret down that buzzes? (Probably not the best idea in the world to follow me up on that unless you really know what your doing, and I doubt you do because you are asking us guys for help...)
Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
Has it got a locking nut? If so, tighten it up at that end of it and that should help. If not, then I'm afraid I don't know...file the fret down that buzzes? (Probably not the best idea in the world to follow me up on that unless you really know what your doing, and I doubt you do because you are asking us guys for help...)

Nope, a regular type nut, I am pretty sure my thickest string is to far into the nut, so I need to raise the nut slightly with a shim perhaps, I know how to do things but there may be a better method than what I would do is why I'm asking silly
if the string cut into the nut and lowered it, then u can try building up that nut with a drop of white glue. sprinkle baking powder into the glue as it dries. let it set then shape it at an up angle towards the fretboard, using a toothpick wrapped in fine sandpaper.

oh yeah or u can put a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut. that will work too.

EDIT: sorry i didnt get back to ur pm about this, the new system has me a bit frazzled.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 19, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
if the string cut into the nut and lowered it, then u can try building up that nut with a drop of white glue. sprinkle baking powder into the glue as it dries. let it set then shape it at an up angle towards the fretboard, using a toothpick wrapped in fine sandpaper.

oh yeah or u can put a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut. that will work too.

EDIT: sorry i didnt get back to ur pm about this, the new system has me a bit frazzled.

oh its okay I'm very mellow, but those seem like ideas that would work Now I can to the small fret buzz

thanks