I've been playing guitar only for about a year , i like to play any type of Rock /Metal , old or new, things like Tool , SOAD , Metallica , Machine Head , Nirvana, etc.. you get the idea.
I've got a ibanez RG 370DX but i want to buy another guitar.

The problem is that i don't know which one to buy , and change my mind everyday and i can't decide. I know a bit about guitars but not enough. I want to be sure i buy the right guitar as i tent to jump into decisions before i think it through.
I've got around £250 (nearly $500) to spend.

Which one of this do you guys think is better ??

Jackson DK2 (I'm leaning towards this one)
Epiphone Firebird (one of my old time favourites)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom or Black Beauty (probs best of d lot but not my fav.)
Epiphone Explorer (me likes it very much)
Epiphone SG
Washburn W165 PRO or the X50 PRO

Probs the winner will be the Les Paul , for it's versatility but it's not my favourite , i would buy it though if you guys think it's the best performer of the lot.
I want to know from you guys that know a lot more about guitars then i do.
I'm also open to other options as long as it cost around the £250 / $500 mark (2nd hand or new).

Please help me.
They're all very different guitars. I could give my opinion based on specs or looks, but they would be personal preferences. What you should do is go to a few reasonably sized guitar shops and try out as many guitars you like the look of as you can. You can only learn so much about a guitar over the Internet.
personally on the spec i'd go with the washburn, they are fantastic for the money. I personally really dislike the look of th W165 though so i'd go with one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Washburn-X50-PRO-Electric-Guitar-Indian-Apple-Top_W0QQitemZ280144379803QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33048QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem there's also a second hand one on there, dunno how much that'll go for but it'll probably be a pretty decent price. Is the jackson hardtail or trem, because seens you already have a trem guitar maybe a hardtail would be a good choice. Anyway imo the washburn is the best quality build and has the best spec.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Yes , probs the best thing to do is try out a few in the shops.

I'm leaning towards the Jackson DK2 cos it's my favourite shapewise but maybe the Les Paul would be the best choice for it's versatility but i don't like the body.

Can't bloody decide.
Quote by Pete Griffin
personally on the spec i'd go with the washburn, they are fantastic for the money. I personally really dislike the look of th W165 though so i'd go with one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Washburn-X50-PRO-Electric-Guitar-Indian-Apple-Top_W0QQitemZ280144379803QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33048QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem there's also a second hand one on there, dunno how much that'll go for but it'll probably be a pretty decent price. Is the jackson hardtail or trem, because seens you already have a trem guitar maybe a hardtail would be a good choice. Anyway imo the washburn is the best quality build and has the best spec.

Great choice , i don't like the shape of the w165 too but the X50 it's beautifull.
I think if you have that large a list of possible guitars, then definitely you need to go and try them all at a shop like the others said.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300