is there anyway at all to get a Wal bass (Tool fans, you know what im talking about, justin's bass) thats cheap...like...under....500??
I'm a child of the Deuce
Long story short, no.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
Long story short, no.

Very expensive! But they are sooooo good WANT ONE!!!

For your budget, hunt down a Far East made thro' neck with at least one humbucker on. That'll get you up and running until you have a rock star/ rich kid budget. (I knew a guy a school whose parents bought him one when he was 15. That was over £1000 worth in about 1989 or so. Jammy git...)
Quote by Confused4930
Long story short, no.

haha... Wal basses have gone superhyper-inflated in the past 10 years. This problem isn't made better by the fact that Wal have temporarily halted production.

They are nice basses and was fortunate to play with one. But that price tag is pretty crazy. Think about this. 15 years ago, Wals cost less than £500 used. Now they can fetch around £3000!
500 pounds is not the same as 500 dollars, etubrutus. 500 pounds equals about 990 dollars.
Rickenbacker 4003
Big Muff Pi
Ashdown Chorus Plus
Digitech Whammy
Peavey Volume
Cry Baby Bass Wah
Small Stone
TR-2 Tremolo
Peavey TNT 115

...I have an empty wallet.
I would kill for a fretless wal but i seriously doubt you will ever find one for $500. Hell i doubt you can find one that resembles one in tone for that price.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by ChaoticPeace
500 pounds is not the same as 500 dollars, etubrutus. 500 pounds equals about 990 dollars.

couldnt you just say 1000 dollars. Does the ten dollars really need to be cut off to cause confusion. But your not going to find a wal unless you are willing to spend a few grand
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by atreyukicksass
is there anyway at all to get a Wal bass (Tool fans, you know what im talking about, justin's bass) thats cheap...like...under....500??

I don't want to sound harsh but.....

Did you even think about the odds before posting this?
there $4000-$5000

get a stingray, Paul used one and Justin used it too for sometime
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I'd think Wals would look so sweet if they didn't have that rather bizarre and anti-climactic headstock. Too bad for that humbucker tone, though.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Charlatan_001
I don't want to sound harsh but.....

Did you even think about the odds before posting this?

to be honest...i did, but i just wanted to find out what i'd get in response to it
I'm a child of the Deuce
Quote by ChaoticPeace

I didnt realize he was talking about pounds, he made no distinction. Others in the thread made the same mistake...*tries to cover himself in embarresment*
Quote by 14shadesofblue
there $4000-$5000

get a stingray, Paul used one and Justin used it too for sometime

Paul used a Chris Squier Rickenbacker and Justin used an SR5 for two songs on Aenima.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Paul used a Chris Squier Rickenbacker and Justin used an SR5 for two songs on Aenima.

stingrays still work thou =/
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come