ive asked this about 3 times now and have never got a good response.

i am looking for a tube amp, i play strictly metal, nothing else (pantera, trivium, metallica, machine head etc..) i have no idea what to get
help please

budget is under 700£
wrong forum this should be in the accesoires(sp?) section. Also, theres a bazillion threads on this already, search button should work. Search for metal amp or something.

Have you tried B52 AT 112 or 212? Theyre very nice for the money especially for metal.
WTLTL 2011
Get a used JCM2000. That's the what corey beaulieu uses and heafy used that for the crusade album.

Maybe a peavey 5150? That's what Flynn uses...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
Get a used JCM2000. That's the what corey beaulieu uses and heafy used that for the crusade album.

Maybe a peavey 5150? That's what Flynn uses...

be a little more specific for the jcm2000?
Well it's the DSL series that Heafy used and TSL is what Cory has (I think). With your budget, you should go for a TSL602 (60 watts + 2x12) combo. They should be around 400 used. And spend the rest of the money on some nice pedal and stuff

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

In what way is the TSL ****??

Ok, maybe it doesnt have high enough gain. But i am 100% certain that it will do Pantera. especially with the money that he saves which can go towards some nice pedals. They are the best amp in their price range imo.

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by p.stick
In what way is the TSL ****??

Ok, maybe it doesnt have high enough gain. But i am 100% certain that it will do Pantera. especially with the money that he saves which can go towards some nice pedals. They are the best amp in their price range imo.

the heads are really muddy

not sure about the combo though

threadstarter start looking into some used mesa-boogies perhaps. you may be able to score an awesome deal on Ebay
i still think p.stick is right, i currently have a Line 6 Uber metal, which works sweet with any amp imo. and im sure that would be feckin sweet with the TSL
I dont like distortion pedals. Just use a nice metal amp and get an OD pedal
WTLTL 2011