I was flicking through the internet for guitars when i came across some cheap dean guitars
(Dean ml x series and the Dean ml xp)
I was wondering are these actually worth it or are they overpirced? The specs on them seem ok (Tune o matic bridge, grove tuners) the ML X has zebra pickups?
and the ML XP has humbuckers.

If anyones ever played one of them or both could you tell if they're worth the money (under £200). I'm into mostly metal but hell im a beginner so its not extremely important .
If you wanna know i have a roland 30.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Well, if you want a decent Dean, it starts with the Dean ML XT Noir. The Dean '79 is still my favorite ^^.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by ItWillDo
Well, if you want a decent Dean, it starts with the Dean ML XT Noir. The Dean '79 is still my favorite ^^.

Is the noir the sort of best budget guitar dean do?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
a year ago i was lookin at cheap guitars aswell, my best advice is to save your money and buy a nice one. It's really worth it once you have a great guitar and you wont regret the wait
Quote by Maggot3000
a year ago i was lookin at cheap guitars aswell, my best advice is to save your money and buy a nice one. It's really worth it once you have a great guitar and you wont regret the wait

Thats good advice its best waiting untill you have some more money, you'll realise the difference in quality if you go into a store and try the guitars out.
Quote by Maggot3000

My first guitar i was looking at was an ibanez rgr321ex, i have enoug money for it now but thought "maybe i could do with a cheaper one", so i'll stick with a ibanez.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I'd say save up for an LTD or get an Ibanez S with a pickups change (great bridge, great body, great neck). Deans, especially cheap ones, are generally to avoid.

EDIT: But whatever you decide on, PLEASE try it out first.
Quote by webbtje
I'd say save up for an LTD or get an Ibanez S with a pickups change (great bridge, great body, great neck). Deans, especially cheap ones, are generally to avoid.

EDIT: But whatever you decide on, PLEASE try it out first.

My local guitar shop just got the ibanez i wanted in stock so hell, im going for that.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by webbtje
Good choice, which one?

Rgr321ex, i prefer it alot more to the normal rg321 (Just cause of the colour and the pickups)
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by skinzpoison
I was flicking through the internet for guitars when i came across some cheap dean guitars
(Dean ml x series and the Dean ml xp)
I was wondering are these actually worth it or are they overpirced? The specs on them seem ok (Tune o matic bridge, grove tuners) the ML X has zebra pickups?
and the ML XP has humbuckers.

If anyones ever played one of them or both could you tell if they're worth the money (under £200). I'm into mostly metal but hell im a beginner so its not extremely important .
If you wanna know i have a roland 30.

deans in general = good value for the guitar.

x/xp series = serious value.

play one and you'll find out.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
deans in general = good value for the guitar.

x/xp series = serious value.

play one and you'll find out.

Thats good but is it solely set for metal or is it versitile? like bc rich's.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Last edited by skinzpoison at Aug 19, 2007,
I've searched around and seen that the dean x and the dime o flage are exactly the same but the dime o flage gets ****ted on here alot. Plus they're roughly the same price.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Last edited by skinzpoison at Aug 20, 2007,
Quote by webbtje
... Deans, especially cheap ones, are generally to avoid...

I'd kinda disagree with that. The cheap ones are actually worth the money. The dime-o-whatever guitars are overpriced. I love my $100 Dean. They electronics are a bit dodgy, but it plays pretty good for the money.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I have the Dean ML X. Check out my reveiw of it on here. For a $200 guitar, the quality is superb. The pickups, tuners, brigde, all great value. The only drawback is that you can't use a whammy bar. The tone itself is pretty good too. I play jazz and blues, and of course metal XD and it works fine in all categories. I recomend it, although I've never played that other ibanez so I can't tell you which is better. PLay em for yourself.

P.S. - The ML X is MASSIVE!!! You have to buy like an oversized case for it. Costs around $100 so....... thats where they get ya.
The problem is that the deans i want aren't at my guitar shop so even though i want a dean i'll sorta be set on ibanez. Although i could order one from the internet.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by skinzpoison
Thats good but is it solely set for metal or is it versitile? like bc rich's.

they're sort of like Riches, but more versatile IMO. i played an XP V a few weeks ago in Guitar Center, and it played like a cross between my Mockingbird and my Palomino.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
they're sort of like Riches, but more versatile IMO. i played an XP V a few weeks ago in Guitar Center, and it played like a cross between my Mockingbird and my Palomino.

So in the long run, it's worth getting an ibanez?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
schecter is better for the price

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
Quote by nakki
Try out those '79 Deans. I've heard, that theyre great, and I've been trying to get to play one, but here are just a few retailers.

nakki

I'd buy one at christmas they're a bit outa my price range.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by nakki
Try out those '79 Deans. I've heard, that theyre great, and I've been trying to get to play one, but here are just a few retailers.

nakki

I disagree. I've heard that the '79s finish gets dirty easily and i tried one at the guitar shop that day and the trem went out of tune in 1 divebomb. Go with jackson.