http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jazzmaster-Ultralight-Amp-Head?sku=480877
(Invalid img)

so whos tried this amp?
havent seen it around shops here (all the way over in korea for the summer)
love the concept, i think it would be perfect for me with a few choice effects. i really am getting tired of my heavy ass amp
id love to hear that its a jc120 killer or something
carvin sc90
seagull s6

microcube
rivera m60
pod xtl
Doesn't look like something I'd really dig, it's too digital. I'm a tube amp kinda guy.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
comeon blanket statements like "too digital" for something with a completely analog signal chain is just dumb (unless you were talking about the effects, which are time based, where digital isnt bad)
and honestly, i know the tube vs ss vs digital digital just as well as the next guy, hell i play through a tube amp. i was just saying the things fender offered on this one interested me alot, like the portability and the fact that it was aimed at jazz players.
carvin sc90
seagull s6

microcube
rivera m60
pod xtl
Well its got a tube emulated drive channel, which I dont really think is anything decent.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
^ i get ur point, but im only looking at the clean capabilities of this amp, itll be used for jazz. honestly i think theres a slightly undeserved amount of tube worshipping here. theyre amazing....when cranked and pushing enough air to dry your pants that you woulda pissed cause it sounds so good. not so practical or even the right sound for a jazz gig
carvin sc90
seagull s6

microcube
rivera m60
pod xtl
Quote by the dixie dredg
^ i get ur point, but im only looking at the clean capabilities of this amp, itll be used for jazz. honestly i think theres a slightly undeserved amount of tube worshipping here. theyre amazing....when cranked and pushing enough air to dry your pants that you woulda pissed cause it sounds so good. not so practical or even the right sound for a jazz gig

Ah yeah. In that case, that amp seems to fit the bill. Maybe look into Jazz Choruses, unless thats the JC120 you mentioned in your first post.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Kartman
Doesn't look like something I'd really dig, it's too digital. I'm a tube amp kinda guy.

Yeah, but look at the name JAZZ.
i.e Crystal clear and soft cleans. Not many tube amps would give you that.

So its only aimed at speciefic players.

I would just get a Roland JC120. Has a great reputation and sound!
Yeah, I recomend it. I've heard that they're very easy to take around, and they have great cleans.
I haven't played one though, so it's no promises
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr