Poll: Acoustic Tournament, Final Round
Poll Options
View poll results: Acoustic Tournament, Final Round
Mandolino
9 17%
To The Ocean And Back
45 83%
Voters: 54.
I have to throw this one up, since silly confusius is going to be off on vacation or some such ridiculousness. The only problem with this round is that both of our pieces are hosted on our respective UGP's, so anonymity is going to be an impossibility.

"Mandolino"

"To The Ocean and Back"

Since you are all intelligent and professional in your behaviors, it shouldn't be necessary for me to remind you that you vote on the quality of the piece, not how much you like the person or however much of their other stuff you know. This tournament is solely about the pieces entered.

Me and vodoochile, of course, cannot vote.

Good luck
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Jon
since silly confusius is going to be off on vacation or some such ridiculousness

But...I...said that...aw ****itydoodle!!!
Yeah first vote!

Anyway, Mandolino was good and I liked it, but To The Ocean and Back was better.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
How do you know that you voted first, votes aren't public. And I voted about 10 minutes ago.

Rawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

[/competitive bastard]
First song was good but I prefered Dreadnought's. I liked the beat and the switch around at 1min, was very well done.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
You make me feel so bad at guitar!
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
yes i agree with Copet that it make me feel bad at guitar both are very technically talented but niether is what i call something that would move me & sorry but for me music has to make me feel something & unfortunatly boredom was all i felt in the "the ocean & back" although it is great quality playing the "must listen" wasnt in the song.

I would have to go for "mandolino" simply for the fact that it interested me more, although the playing isnt IMO nearly as good as in "the ocean & back"
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
wow... I believe I just got totally owned in the polls... My piece was a really rough cut, but the playing in it wasnt that great either. For some reason the ending got cut off when I posted it on UG...
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Quote by confusius
How do you know that you voted first, votes aren't public. And I voted about 10 minutes ago.

Rawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

[/competitive bastard]

I know because after I voted it said votes: 1.

You still got first post though, so we're even.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I know because after I voted it said votes: 1.

You still got first post though, so we're even

I was just kidding man, course you got the first post.
Quote by Dix_Fix
yes i agree with Copet that it make me feel bad at guitar both are very technically talented but niether is what i call something that would move me & sorry but for me music has to make me feel something & unfortunatly boredom was all i felt in the "the ocean & back" although it is great quality playing the "must listen" wasnt in the song.

I would have to go for "mandolino" simply for the fact that it interested me more, although the playing isnt IMO nearly as good as in "the ocean & back"

Well it moves me
Dreadnaught i wasnt trying to get up your nose, I think you play fantastic just your composition in my opinion was lacking from a listeners perspective, However having said that Im sure playing it would move you as your the performer (a very good one) just listening didnt move me. Better to be honest with you than piss in your pocket & say its the best thing i have ever heard but if thats what you want to hear OK take it as rote.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I'm going to have to agree with Dix on this one. Although i loved them both, Dreads just kind of seemed repetitive to me, but its just my personal opinion. perhaps the song means something to you, Dreadnaught and thats still pretty important.
Either way, both of you made the rest of us look silly. And it looks like you're both still in high school. Amazing bundle of talents.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
i'm thinking this should be about over shouldn't it? how long does the voting last? it's like 45 to 8 currently so i doubt there will be a HUGE swing anyway.

i figure you are probably hesitant to close the thread since you are in the contest, jon. but let it be said that i think this poll should be closed and you should be declared the winner! if there are no objections, i'll close it.
Haha, go for it man, I don't give a damn! Competition ain't my thang