ahhh!! i need help!!..
i like all music metal rock punk and blues mostly and i want a new guitar but im stuck on wot to get!!!
the ones im lookin at are
Fender telecaster
Ibanez RG1570
PRS SE singlecut
can u tell me which ones best and if u cna think of any better guitars around 400 to 500 pounds plz tell me
thx in advance
About $1000 US.

Personally, I'd say that the Telecaster was fairly well rounded, but I might be wrong.
i'd go for the PRS
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Indeed, Fender Tele fits the bill.

Nice to see someone else using english currency here.
Quote by jables23092
um get a schecter...basically best guitars for the price range available

no lie

not really an all types of music kind of guitar
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by 14shadesofblue
not really an all types of music kind of guitar

Schecter have a guitar for pretty much every occasion. You said that like they only make one guitar.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Well, i was in pretty much exactly the same position as you a couple of days ago, and i went to play some in my local store, and i definitely would recommend the 72 telecaster deluxe. I liked it so much that i actually bought it yesterday , but the best thing to do is to just go and play them in your local store and see what you like best
Get the Tele, but test them all first.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

if you're going to get the prs for 500, then, get it

(yeah, i know you're talking about pounds)

if not, get the ibanez, cause the tele is not going to get the metal tone (only if you have an excellent amp which i doubt)
You should go to a shop and check them out there and see which one you're most comfortable with and sounds good to you. Someone elses ideal guitar may not be yours. I made the mistake of buying the first cheap guitar I could find and I HATE it ha
I like RG's, but thats just me. They have ultra fast necks.

But if I was buying a guitar that I planned on playing all types of music on, Id probably get a Gibson Les Paul.

You should probably hit up a guitar store and try out everything. Hopefully there will be a few amps to try em out on too so you dont fall in love with a sound and find out it was the amp.
I like to test out guitars on a Marshall solidstate practice amp. I grab a crappy looking guitar, try it out, try to remember the sound then go from there. Usually if you know what sounds like crap on that amp, you can tell what sounds good. If that makes any sense.
Personally I would get the Tele for the fact that it can rock out hard and play some serious blues and jazz
Quote by Chinomaster182
Don't buy a guitar, buy a new amp.

+1
Quote by Firewind Raging
Schecter have a guitar for pretty much every occasion. You said that like they only make one guitar.
Shame soundcontrol are the only UK dealers that I know of and they overprice them by loads.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Okay, screw the ibanez.

The tele and the PRS are great guitars, the tele is SUPERB at cleans, light OD all the way up to rock sorta OD (without the aid of a great amp of course) the PRS can do heavier tones easier, but lacks abit when it comes to blues.

Another option: Fender Classic Players 50s/60s strat

probably the best bang for buck fender have on their price lists, in your price range and a great sounding guitar, and the 50's has an awesome neck.

(later down the line you could change PUPS in any of the guitars too, keep that in mind)
The prs is a good one all around
but use the tele
I don't even shred
What guitar do you have now?

You definitely need a new amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would go with the RG of all the guitars.

You made a wierd comparison, all the guitars you listed are sooo different from each other.

I believe you need a new amp first though, unless your current guitar is crappy to the point where it discourages you to play.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
dont buy the prs, a prs se doesnt deserved to be referred to as a prs, i had an se, what a piece of ****
Quote by MrCarrot
Shame soundcontrol are the only UK dealers that I know of and they overprice them by loads.

You're right there, damn Soundcontrol bastards. You could always look on ebay and import one. They have a few on www.ebay.com and you can get them much cheaper, even when you add on shipping. Hell, some of them even ship over here for free!
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by d_byrne23
dont buy the prs, a prs se doesnt deserved to be referred to as a prs, i had an se, what a piece of ****

I disagree highly, I played the PRS SE singlecut and my friend owns one, I say its a great guitar, good sound and nice playability, I prefer it miles over a crappy Epi LP.