How do I eject an external hard dive in Vista? There's no eject thing in the tray at bottom right, and no eject option in my computer, like in XP. I can't turn off the drive while its plugged int othe usb. Help please?
there should be what looks like a grey rectangle thing with a green circle with a white tick over it in the tray, might need to expand it out.
I'm a spoony bard and fiercely proud of it!
did you click the little arrow next to the system tray to see the hidden icons?

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

my computer>the drive you want to eject
right click and select eject
???

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
my computer>the drive you want to eject
right click and select eject
???

treid it, theres no eject option.
in that case you don't need to eject it first so...

...JUST PULL IT OUT!!!!!!

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by slashnmash
Maybe it just thinks you're gay?

No I'm pretty sure Vista is the homosexual one
^ +1

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
in that case you don't need to eject it first so...

...JUST PULL IT OUT!!!!!!

I've always heard that if you unplug w/o properly ejecting firrst will break the drive, so i'd like to try to eject it first
it won't break the drive... the worst that can happen is you corrupt some data so if your backed up your grand

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
it won't break the drive... the worst that can happen is you corrupt some data so if your backed up your grand

it is the backup, this is my external backup drive i'm trying to eject to put it on another pc to move some files to a new laptop (this vista machine). Corrupted data would be very bad
maybe it ejected itself after you finished moveing files? i always forget to eject things before i unplug i never had a problem

Quote by fleajr_1412

Maybe the device is turned off?

Or your port is busted.

Either way. if your PC doenst find it its not getting damaged by pulling it out.
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?