okay okay real quick man
i just need to know what amp settings would be best for trying to get a Megadeth-ish sound. I play kinda thrashy power metal stuff so I need something that makes my palm mutes sound great. thanks a lot
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
Depends what sort of amp you have, but I think something like this might work.
Low: 10
Mid: 2
High: 8
Gain: 8

That's something to get you started, at least.
Bass = 8

Mid = 5

Treble = 8

They are Mr Mustaine's amp settings.

Total Guitar said so.

Also, James Hetfield's settings:

Bass = 9

Mid = 4

Treble = 8
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
thanks avenged thrice.
im using the mustaine setup now so im good!!

and well...my amps settings (Dave Mustaine) and my pedal settings put together have given me some sortoff Motorhead-Power Metal-Thrash-Black Sabbath on steroids sound hybrid of necronomical doom.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

any random setting will sound completely different rig to rig...its pretty hard to help with settings over the internet when i dont know if youve got a delux rvb or a hot cat.
just keep in mind the trebly sizzle, dry midrange crunch and not too much bass. and once you think youve got it, turn down the gain a notch or two from there and the volume up a bit.
carvin sc90
seagull s6

microcube
rivera m60
pod xtl
Quote by the dixie dredg
any random setting will sound completely different rig to rig...its pretty hard to help with settings over the internet when i dont know if youve got a delux rvb or a hot cat.
just keep in mind the trebly sizzle, dry midrange crunch and not too much bass. and once you think youve got it, turn down the gain a notch or two from there and the volume up a bit.

sweet man
thanks
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)