I was testing the Blues Deluxe in Guitar Center about two days ago ( nice rich natural cleans ) and as I was leaving I saw what appeared to be a Tweed Fender Blues Junior, I called later and they told me it was a Blues Junior Deluxe around $530.

The only Blues Junior amps i've seen up till now were the black ones and I didn't know they had a tweed model still in production. (if i'm correct it probably has an upgraded speaker)

Does anyone know more about this model of the BJ and where I could find reviews?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Exact same amp, different covering and speaker. It has a Jensen in there, which is a total upgrade over the stock speaker.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
So should I take up the offer?
If you've seen my previous threads I was looking for something to do small gigs and practice with my band with.

I'm gonna see if I can try it out sometime this week, if not this either the Blues Deluxe or Peavey Classic 30/ Delta Blues.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

I think you're better off with the 30-40W amp, especially for similar money. I wouldn't buy the tweed BJ unless you absolutely love the speaker; being that outside of it's sexy looks, that's the only tonal improvement. A lot of people upgrade the speaker in BJ's, but the Jensen isn't everyone's choice.

Give it a workout in comparison to the standard BJ to see if you think it's worth it before deciding.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
that's a lot for a different speaker and look.

if i was spending that much, id pay more to upgrade the amp instead. ^ like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Your right, I could probably just get a normal Blues Jr. or as Slats said something of higher watts.

I'll give this one a try, but I like the idea of upgrading into a speaker I like instead of getting a stock Jensen. I might even save some money...

Edit: To Slats the only reason I was thinking of going as small as the BJ was because it seemed easier to carry and I could use it in my room every now and then. However 30 watts would be safer especially for the price.

If you guys have any more comments or suggestions please post.

Oh and I was wondering are there any other brands that can do good Fender like cleans?
I like Gilmours cleans tone, and lately i've been into a lot of new age/world music type stuff.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 19, 2007,
^I got new weber speakers, and they're just great. just to point that out. it was $100 + $16(s/h) so yea. ditch the cover cuz u can always do that later.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Edit: To Slats the only reason I was thinking of going as small as the BJ was because it seemed easier to carry and I could use it in my room every now and then. However 30 watts would be safer especially for the price.

Have you seen the Classic 30 combo in person? I don't think it's any bigger than the Blues Jr. And you can use a 30-40W amp at home as easily as a 15W amp. The 15W amp is LOUD in it's own right. They all have to be turned down in the bedroom.

And Fender cleans come from Fender, although I do like the Delta Blues quite a bit, too. I think that amp would do Gilmour very well.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks for the advice, I did actually play the Classic 30 and test it out, I went to the store a couple of times but they haven't had one in the store for a while, especially a used one. I liked it's OD and cleans. However it had a bit of a darker clean.

As for the Delta Blues i've been looking for it a while now to try one but haven't come across the amp yet, sounds like something i'd like.
And thanks again you guys have been a big help since my first thread.

"Give it a workout in comparison to the standard BJ to see if you think it's worth it before deciding"

Slats that literally made me laugh out loud

Anyways, I love my standard blues junior, and like he said, I dont know many people who have swapped the speaker for a jensen, most people use Weber's or Eminence
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
i swapped mine for an weber too. it's about a hundred for a new speaker, so if u like the jensen then that's cool.

the classic 30 is WAY heavier than the blues junior. well the older models were. plus they were nice, but not really the cleans i was looking for.

when it comes to moving amps around, sometimes id rather lug a small stack. combo's are smaller but heavier. id rather make two trips from the car, then lug one heavy box.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
when it comes to moving amps around, sometimes id rather lug a small stack. combo's are smaller but heavier. id rather make two trips from the car, then lug one heavy box.

What a girl!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
hey! *hand on hip

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Cheesy jazz theme tune plays

The Jenny and Slats show. It'd be like the odd couple, but with strippercops.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I have the Tweed BJ. I much prefered it over the standard, but then again, that was just me. Plus it looks damn sexy! However I must add, I got it at a reduced price.
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
I have a Blonde Blues Junior. It's the same as the standard, just blonde.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
*cues the streotypical blonde joke*

YEah the blonde ones do look pretty nice and I could upgrade the speaker on one. It's odd cause I always see the black or tweed but very rarely the blonde colored BJ's.

Quote by jj1565
hey! *hand on hip

I didn't know robots had such defined hips... j/k

About the head and cab option you mentioned are there any good heads at lower prices like that?
I don't think the Valve Jr. would cut through or be loud enough....

That's why the combo idea seems to be more practical at this point, but if anyone knows of a cheaper head or cab.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Aug 20, 2007,
I'm really sorry to double post but I was scrolling through ebay and found this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUND-CITY-120-MARK4-Guitar-Amp-Head-Vintage-Tube-WORKS_W0QQitemZ150153161414QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I heard lots of good stuff about sound city and this seems pretty good. The size and wattage is a bit intimidating but it appears to be going for a decent price.

Is this a good deal on a good amp?

Well do you need 120 watts?

And yeah thats a good deal. not sure on americanprices but it seems like a good deal!

You would need an attenuator tho and a cab. so dont forget to include those in the prices
The guy said if the buyer paid extra shipping he's give the cab with it, but 6x8inch cabs are probably overkill for my needs...

Maybe with the money saved I could get an avatar cab or build my own?

You right about the attenuator though...