I know Vista isnt the best OS for a musician but my college is converting to it so i have no choice. What sucks more is that the Edirol UA-25 i have isnt compatible, even though the website has a driver update i cant get it to work. So i need your guys advice on some kind of interface to use with my computer that is vista compatible. The Recording Software im using is Sonar LE and that installed fine, so i guess all i need is a new interface that is compatible, any thoughts?
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
The Line 6 toneport should work fine, im guessing, i could be wrong but, im fairly sure they would have compatable drivers. also WOW. thats quite fast for a college to go to vista THIS SOON, especailly before Sp1, they must be paying a huge amount for that ugh :/
I would double check that the M-Audio stuff is actually working with Vista. You could ask on the Sonar forums if anyone is having success with them. I know the RME stuff is all Vista compatible, but you didn't mention your budget.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
yea see i might just bee trying the wrong things or something, i have the original drivers that came with it, but they are not compatible, so i tried DL the new ones for vista be still no luck...

oh and im going to penn state, apparently within a year or two they will be all vista
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic