Sorry if this is in the wrong section a mod can move it if needs be.

I'm fairly new to harmonizing even just basic chord progressions and was wondering if someone could help me with harmonizing with the notes E on the A string,B on the low E,C on the low E and A on the low E.

It's a basic chord progression but i want to start learning to harmonize and thought this would be a fairly handy place to start.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Fargal.
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty 3.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Boss ME-50 muli-effects.
Fender Princeton 650 65-Watt amp.
Why not try harmonizing in fifths or thirds?

So in thirds:

E - G#

B - D#

C - E

A - C#

or in fifths

E - G
B - F#
C - F
A - D

As for where you play them you'll have to decide that your self. But harmonising in thirds you be a little sadder sounding, as a third is minor, and in fifths it'll be a little happier sounding as fifths are major.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk

So in thirds:

E - G#

B - D#

C - E

A - C#

or in fifths

E - G
B - F#
C - F
A - D

As for where you play them you'll have to decide that your self. But harmonising in thirds you be a little sadder sounding, as a third is minor, and in fifths it'll be a little happier sounding as fifths are major.

Fifths would be
E-B
B-F#
C-G
A-E
Quote by National_Anthem
Fifths would be
E-B
B-F#
C-G
A-E

Oh****! Last time I musicly multitask. Yeah, listen to this guy about the fifths.

The idea about thirds was OK, I like it, but why not go the whole hog and introduce full chords. And juxtapose minor and major
Then again you could also go with a slightly diffrent harmonization, and harmonize in fourth's or sixths, or even sevenths in you want a really evil feel. Or mix and match somewhat to fit the mood.

Quote by zekk

So in thirds:

E - G#

B - D#

C - E

A - C#

or in fifths

E - G
B - F#
C - F
A - D

Thirds aren't necessarily minor, and fifths are perfect, neither major nor minor.

Edit - You posted all major thirds too.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
E-G
B-F#
C-E
A-F#
works well, but the last chord is just a little cheesy.
TS: the most important thing is creating a line, do you see how the two lines compliment each other, with the contrary motion?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Thirds aren't necessarily minor, and fifths are perfect, neither major nor minor.

Edit - You posted all major thirds too.

Umm. In terms of chords and the major scale, all fifths are major all thirds are minor. I'm talking about chords not intervals.

Quote by zekk
Umm. In terms of chords and the major scale, all fifths are major all thirds are minor. I'm talking about chords not intervals.

Some thirds are major, some minor
All fifths are diminished, perfect or augmented
Thanks for all the support I'll see what I can do with all that thanks again!
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty 3.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Boss ME-50 muli-effects.
Fender Princeton 650 65-Watt amp.
There is no such thing as a 'major fifth'. It is a perfect fifth. You can have a diminished or augmented fifth, but no major/minor fifth.

The harmonies depend on what key/mode you are in.