U U U D D D U U U D D D U
e|--------12--14--------------12--14------------|
b|-----13--------13--------13--------13---------|
g|--14--------------12--14--------------12--14~~|
d|----------------------------------------------|
a|----------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------|

now it says Up for the 14-13-12, if you going down thats means up cause the High E is the 1st? Going up to number 1? and down meaning going actually sweeping upwards? right? here is the lesson
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/guide_to_sweep_picking.html
LOL
Up picking and down picking are relative to tabs, like the one you posted. When you're holding your guitar, up picking becomes a physical downstroke because the guitar is held upside down in relation to a tab.
Upstroke as in...downstroke?

What a strange lesson, but it looks vaguely similar to seal's lesson on youtube.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
actually no youre wrong an upstroke goes up towards your face where a downstroke goes down to the floor. unless i misunderstood
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by jpgilbert701
actually no youre wrong an upstroke goes up towards your face where a downstroke goes down to the floor. unless i misunderstood

I've read varying definitions, that up and down is relative to you when you're holding the guitar, and then others that say up and down is relative to tabs. Soooo, yeah. Anyone know the real definition? Because relative to us playing, doing up strokes from the G to the high E string makes no sense. So maybe the person who wrote the lesson just goofed, I'm not sure.
i think going up Meaning cause the high E is 1, so ur going down doing down sweep but going up cause its E 1. thats the only logical way i see it
LOL
Okay, I use Dunlop Big Stubby's... so i have to keep the pick stiff in my hand? Or do i loosen it up for sweeping?
Quote by Fryer Mike
Okay, I use Dunlop Big Stubby's... so i have to keep the pick stiff in my hand? Or do i loosen it up for sweeping?

u should always keep ur hands relaxed so yeah loose.
LOL