I'm not sure if this really fits into the metal section, so I'll try my luck here.

Can anyone recommend some new-ish Groove metal bands, Similar to Pantera and Machine Head, and/or new Thrash bands? I want stuff that doesn't do crazy screaming and indistinguishable speech. These bands must have guitar solos. I seem to be unable to find anything that meets this. The closest I have come is the band Sanctity.

If anyone can help, its much appreciated.
X Sign Here
Eric Johnson has some pretty br00tal jingles.

check him out.
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
well, its difficult to find newer bands that do that, youd be better off finding older bands making new stuff, like megadeth. theres stone sour, though theyre more of a hard rock band than metal... i dont know any thrash that meets the guidelines, but lacuna coil is really good, also triviums new stuff. ive heard a couple mastodon songs on headbangers ball that are alright, and theres that new band Nikki Sixx started, forgot the name though.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
white zombie man.

doesnt get much groove metal than that
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
^It also isn't metal.

RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Try "The Haunted."

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Well, what are some old, but not ancient bands? I want some newer bands to follow, you know? I wasn't able to follow pantera as they released albums, and get excited when new ones were going to be released. I want to find a band that is somewhat unique, and brutal, and I can follow their career, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: I browsed over the Metal Recommendation Thread, and it seemed that they were just recommending everything, but I'm looking for something specific.
X Sign Here
Odd, I found the metal rec thread really helpful, someone is bound to give you a few names.
Who dat?
Last edited by Anarion614 at Aug 20, 2007,